Slow Build for RD 7500.1 running 2 12s (mayhems maybe or something else) MK2 Jetta

What's notch the frame mean?No. The engine was already rebuilt before I got it. My Dad used it to teach one of his new mechanics who was only 19 at the time how to rebuild an engine. So that was about 6-7 years ago. And I put about 3,000 miles a year on the car.

It just needed some love. The car was running pretty crappy.

I put in a new distributor, control arms, sway bar bushings, engine and tranni mounts, rear door handles, power window switches, just so much little stuff that I ignored for a really long time.
Notching a frame is simply cuttingout the space you need and welding a plate in.. So where your alt is hitting the subframe. So cut out what you need and then weld in plating in the new indentation you made..

cut out what you need.

Then weld plates back in

Notching a frame is simply cuttingout the space you need and welding a plate in.. So where your alt is hitting the subframe. So cut out what you need and then weld in plating in the new indentation you made..
cut out what you need.

Then weld plates back in

Hopefully I wont have to do that. But thank you for the tip!

Just did the rear doors in with 3 layers of the the 80 mil. They always rattled badly on my previous low power. So I did a lot of layers to make sure they stay quiet.

I should be getting my transmission back this week so I can finally start working on getting the engine back in.

I am still really broke. I owe my brother for borrowing money and rent. I am almost out of deadener too. So I may have to finish deadening up the rest of the car before winter or next year after winter.

So far I have laid 25 hours of deadener. I am pretty sick of it.

[quote name='HighTQCummins']25 hours of deadner, good lord. I'd be sick of it too. definitely an exciting looking build though, real interested in seeing the mids/highs set up too[/QUOTE]

Yeah. To be honest. i still need to deaden more. But I am low on funds and I have no motivation to do anymore at the moment. Maybe in a few months or next year. @ciaonzo ;
He should be helping me with the mids/high set up and placement. I am but a n00b

Yeah. To be honest. i still need to deaden more. But I am low on funds and I have no motivation to do anymore at the moment. Maybe in a few months or next year.
well if you need any more motivation, those WI winters will let you do absolutely nothing!! then you'll have to wait till spring to finish, and i'll have to wait till then to see it finished

starting a build and giving up after a few weeks.
Is that what you did?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

well if you need any more motivation, those WI winters will let you do absolutely nothing!! then you'll have to wait till spring to finish, and i'll have to wait till then to see it finished
The only thing I am giving up on at the moment is deadening. Thank God I ran out of the 80sq ft that I bought. I don't plan on doing anymore this year. As for the build. Yes. I still plan to finish that. For the most part a lot of it is done.

@gckless ;

My buddy missed 1 of the power wires when taking the pictures but whatever. I was at the back of the car doing the wires in the trunk.
I wish we would have gotten the engine/tranni back in. But at least I got something done today. Goal is to get the engine/tranni in this week.

[quote name='jockhater2']

@gckless ;

My buddy missed 1 of the power wires when taking the pictures but whatever. I was at the back of the car doing the wires in the trunk.
I wish we would have gotten the engine/tranni back in. But at least I got something done today. Goal is to get the engine/tranni in this week.[/QUOTE]

Shoot man, totally missed this build!

You like the techflex? I love it. You have to use heatshrink on the ends, but that just makes it look that much cleaner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.