Slow Build for RD 7500.1 running 2 12s (mayhems maybe or something else) MK2 Jetta

Uploading pics right now. I didn't before because I figured no one would give to shirts.F.Y.I. Check the begging of the thread for a before and after of my engine bay.

And I am still going to do more. I hopefully do it this weekend. For now I just gave it a coating of bed liner.
I saw those good work so far, an don't worry I feel the same way that's why I haven't updated my build log.

Is that GSI wire?

Yes. A guy was selling it on here last year. I believe I paid $70 shipped a for each 50ft roll. But I don't remmeber that well. It was really good timing and a good deal.

Give me a link to yours.

So you decided not to sell the mayhem hybrid's...
No ones going to give me what I want for them. There rebuild alone was $560 with shipping and new baskets. And after some thinking. I am sure they will be fine on my RD amp.

Looking good so far. You building the engine or just rehabbing it. Ohh and why not notch that frame
What's notch the frame mean?

No. The engine was already rebuilt before I got it. My Dad used it to teach one of his new mechanics who was only 19 at the time how to rebuild an engine. So that was about 6-7 years ago. And I put about 3,000 miles a year on the car.

It just needed some love. The car was running pretty crappy.

I put in a new distributor, control arms, sway bar bushings, engine and tranni mounts, rear door handles, power window switches, just so much little stuff that I ignored for a really long time.

No ones going to give me what I want for them. There rebuild alone was $560 with shipping and new baskets. And after some thinking. I am sure they will be fine on my RD amp.
Good lord man...that is all I can say. Except that is way too much money...mayhem's are about as good as they get period, to pay for that and guess of their quality is ridiculous IMO

Good lord man...that is all I can say. Except that is way too much money...mayhem's are about as good as they get period, to pay for that and guess of their quality is ridiculous IMO
I bought them working. But then broke the suspension on them from over excursion.

I'm tuned in for this one Bro!

I used to run Jetta's back in the day. We have a big VW tuner group here in MPLS

They do an all Euro Show every year at the old grain belt brewery downtown.

It's called EuroWerks guys from wis and IL always show up with some sweet VDubs

I'm tuned in for this one Bro!
I used to run Jetta's back in the day. We have a big VW tuner group here in MPLS

They do an all Euro Show every year at the old grain belt brewery downtown.

It's called EuroWerks guys from wis and IL always show up with some sweet VDubs
I inherited both of my cars from my Dad while he was dying. But I've grown to love the jetta. I hated it at first. My only beef with VW is they have the heard mentality. Which is. Everyone just does the same thing. No one goes outside the box.

Honda owners always do JDM, exhaust, spoilers and so on.

Harley always has a beard, leather everything and what not.

And with VW. It's always slammed to the ground, the same BBS rims, super cambered wheels, roof rack and so on.

I am glad I am not a sheep. Not that those things don't look good...but...why would anyone want to be exactly like someone else?

Plus this car is for the nice and warm wisconsin winters. My poor E21 gets stuck plowing its way through the rough summers.

P.S. Got any friends who need any E39 parts? I've got a full 528i 97 that I am parting out. SO far the only things gone on it are the rear window motors and tracks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.