Slow Build for RD 7500.1 running 2 12s (mayhems maybe or something else) MK2 Jetta

I think i know what you guys mean. I started a small build on my GS300, had to work on it after the fam felt asleep. Which mean i'm tired the next day and kids still have to play and do stuff. Maybe its time for me to throw in the towel.
You've had that signature saying "coming soon" for a long time. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because the feeling of accomplishing that goal is amazing. BUT. If it's affecting your mood, family, relationships, work and well being. It's something to consider. Projects and hobbies are meant to be fun. Which is why I stopped mine. Because it wasn't fun anymore. It was stressful which is not what a hobby is supposed to be.

Exactly. There is a difference between good loud and uncalled for daily loud. I'll stick with the good loud. By time the build was done I only went full tilt for demos anyway.
See. Right there. That says it all. Unless you've got the extra space, time and money to own a car like that. Then it just isn't practical.

What is lane departure?
Nice. How do you like the car and the engine compared to what you've owned previously?
It beeps if you drift out of the lines.

We drove every car in that class. Passat, accord, sonota, optima, Altima. Not Malibu or 200 because I'm not a fan of GM or mopar. With 0% apr and what it offered for the cost it was easy. The Passat was close but that 1.8T was to touchy

You've had that signature saying "coming soon" for a long time. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because the feeling of accomplishing that goal is amazing. BUT. If it's affecting your mood, family, relationships, work and well being. It's something to consider. Projects and hobbies are meant to be fun. Which is why I stopped mine. Because it wasn't fun anymore. It was stressful which is not what a hobby is supposed to be.
That build was completed early Last year just never took it off the sig... I should maybe update my sig now.

It beeps if you drift out of the lines.
We drove every car in that class. Passat, accord, sonota, optima, Altima. Not Malibu or 200 because I'm not a fan of GM or mopar. With 0% apr and what it offered for the cost it was easy. The Passat was close but that 1.8T was to touchy
Ford had the only other offering that I considered other than the Accord. I was looking more at Taurus than Fusion but both were solid. After evaluating the competition, it was really narrowed down to those two. My final decision was inline with this article:

2014 Ford Fusion vs. 2014 Honda Accord: Which Is Better? - AutoTrader.com

Ford's throttle problem was a major factor for me, and one that cemented the decision along with parts/manufacturing in Mexico. Those I know that have the Fusion (including my mom) have suffered this problem.

Defect Investigations Results | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Lane departure, adaptive cruise control, and lane watch cameras are neat features but nothing i felt as necessary or worth the cost.

But with these highly integrated cars, adding high performance aftermarket systems is much of a challenge. I'm getting projects now that are integrating into new car head units and a 2014 Taurus is on my project list.

keep hope alive taught me single handedly more than any other person on the internet and was by far the most polite, helpful and insightful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.