Slow Build for RD 7500.1 running 2 12s (mayhems maybe or something else) MK2 Jetta

Shoot man, totally missed this build!
You like the techflex? I love it. You have to use heatshrink on the ends, but that just makes it look that much cleaner.
Yes. All of my power/ground wire was black. So now it is easier for me to tell the difference. The techflex is great and so was the price. Same with that heat shrink tubing. I got 4 different sizes and 8 ft of each size for $10.

Yes. All of my power/ground wire was black. So now it is easier for me to tell the difference. The techflex is great and so was the price. Same with that heat shrink tubing. I got 4 different sizes and 8 ft of each size for $10.

Check out ebay for techflex, last time i bought some i got it for like 10 25ft.

I plan on using the techflex on my 12 gauge speaker wire. Since i'm running a 3way setup it will make it cleaner.

Check out ebay for techflex, last time i bought some i got it for like 10 25ft.
I plan on using the techflex on my 12 gauge speaker wire. Since i'm running a 3way setup it will make it cleaner.
Yes. I got 25ft for $10

I was thinking about doing the same thing. To help differentiate the speakers maybe?

What do you think would fit 12ga or 14ga speaker wire? 1/8" techflex?

Last edited by a moderator:
My rims are OEM rims. My sister used to own this car and she bent up 2 of the rims beyond balancing.

I could fix the bends. But I found some cheap rims for $200 on a bmw forum.

My old rims were 14"

these are 15"

I am painting them with plasti dip. Will post more when I finish.

Good news. Finally finished fixing my rear drums (my older brother did them) and start getting the engine back into the car. Gotta bolt in the tranni mount and start plugging in sensors and then putting the front end/subframe back on.

Typical life obstacles. I need help from either my friends or my brother to put the engine back in. Which never happened. Then winter came so I had to throw a tarp over the car because I have to do the work outside. So it's been sitting ever since. Now my mom is selling her home and since my dad isn't here it's up to us (the brothers) to help around and and try and get it sold. So as of right now. I don't know when I'll have it done. It's stresses me out just thinking about it so I try not to. I had to borrow my brothers car to get to work all winter. And now that it is summer I ride a bicycle. I have another car but the heater core is clogged on it which causes the car to run hot. So it is at a friends shop being fixed.

Someday...someday.

X2!!!!! IM WAITING FOR HIM TO SELL THE MAYHEMS !!! Lol
Everyone low balled me so hard. I wouldn't sell them unless some offered paid 900 shipped for the pair. But I am not selling them. They along with my other equipment are sitting in my closet.

The obstacles that my brother and I had to over come were far too many. But it is getting closer and closer. This is what it looked liked probably 4-5 weeks ago. I didn't take any pictures of it the way it is right now. But I have alternator pictures.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

This is what it looked like with 1 alternator.

This is what I had done on saturday but I wasn't happy with the belt wrap.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

And this is what I got it looking like today.

Canceled the whole project. Everythings for sale most of it is sold. Sold the car too and flew to Texas and picked up a rust free Duramax. Much happier. Done with car audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.