SK-1500.1 jumps into protect at high volume

I love how it took till like the 5th post before someone mentioned voltage. This is not a matter of shoddy equipment, stop trying to kick Skar in the nuts. It is quite obvious the amp isn't seeing proper voltage when the deck volume starts to climb. Check connections, check your battery. Continuing use like this will destroy batteries, amps and potentially alternators.

I love how it took till like the 5th post before someone mentioned voltage. This is not a matter of shoddy equipment, stop trying to kick Skar in the nuts. It is quite obvious the amp isn't seeing proper voltage when the deck volume starts to climb. Check connections, check your battery. Continuing use like this will destroy batteries, amps and potentially alternators.
Voltage was fine, my wiring wasnt the best but Steve said it was due to intermittent shorting due to vibrations inside the amp. It was all internal

First time i have ever personally seen or have had an amp die due to being mounted on the box quite honestly. There are people running chinese amps on boxes that havent died yet

Repairs paid for and SK-1500.1 is being returned to me now! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

SK-1500.1 rturned and installed with velcro to the trunk carpet. Plays just like it did but has yet to jump into protect. Steve must know what he is doing! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.