Silverado budget build, options...

I'm not sure I want the seat sticking up too far out the back window, there's only a couple of inches of leather before it looks bad through the window / obstructs the view out the back. 2.5" or so would put it right at the level of my toolbox viewing through the rear view... perfect for me. I think I will make it out of 2.5" square tubing.

Do you have the dimensions of yours or would you be willing to share? Anything you could give me would save me tons of time with the pencil!

You have to build your seat lift first... You can't really design a box until you can take exact measurements of what your going to be dealing with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I've got a seat lift thread on here somewhere on how I did mine

Look man. If you want something decent save your money.
I don't think I'm cheaping out, I'm just not going all out. This is twice the system compared to the last one I built for myself, and multitudes better than what's in there now. I'm a full time college student on a budget.

If there are better options at comparable prices I'd love to hear about them!

They are built to order... Gotta be willing to wait for it lol... The hds10s should do you fine... Just know my box required me to lift seat 2" that's how I got it to 2 cu... You could easily go 3" seat lift and have plenty of air space

That's 2 cubes including port and speakers, correct?

After displacement

Right on, thank you. I'm calculating 2.65 cu. ft.^3 including port, before speaker displacements if I raise the seat 2" and keep the trans hump like you did for amp clearance. Pretty spot on my friend!

I owned a 00 gmc sierra.
Our floor is raised right below the bench seat and the seat bolts on each sode with two bolts each.

NNBS crew cabs have bucket seats that leave the entire floor panel flat allowing more space to be used.

Mounting a piece of wood to the back wall and mounting the amp should be fine.

The heatsink in most amps will help clear the heat.

Especially if you are going to be running anything lower then 2.5k watts.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Wrong there is a tranny hump to contend with and the back seat is a bench that I believe they call a 60/40 split. I believe your ext will also have about 21/2 to 3 inches more mounting depth. I know jl audio made a stealthbox for these with 10w6v2's that were rear facing and I believe that was without a seat lift.

Wrong there is a tranny hump to contend with and the back seat is a bench that I believe they call a 60/40 split. I believe your ext will also have about 21/2 to 3 inches more mounting depth. I know jl audio made a stealthbox for these with 10w6v2's that were rear facing and I believe that was without a seat lift.
The 10's in there now are front facing and fit fine, about 11" stock height front of seat, 7" rear, with 15" depth to the front of the seat before the hump in the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.