Silverado budget build, options...

Subwoofer Displacement
Just did a build with two hds208's front firing port to the sides tuned to 35hz on a 2200.1 @ 1ohm and it gets down. The roof in the silverado is like Paper, it's annoying. Going to have to dampen the entire top because it jiggles around so bad.
Thanks for the link, google wasn't a big help with that one nor their site from the sub page.

Impressive that the two 8's will beat it up like that. Under seat box? What's the volume like?

For anyone reading this interested in the sound qubed products, I did a port calculator using their dimensions and they're reccomended tuning is about 40hz. I know a lot of us go lower than that, so take their dimensions with a gain of salt, they're a bit on the short side.

Thanks for the link, google wasn't a big help with that one nor their site from the sub page.
Impressive that the two 8's will beat it up like that. Under seat box? What's the volume like?
Just over a cube net per sub.. I'll have to look for the rest of my design pictures. Here is the original design, ended up doing side ports like mentioned after talking with cscstang, side ports have a lot more output in these trucks. It gets down, that's for sure. They have been holding up just fine on the power.

The design is under seat, no seat lift.

2dty6i0.jpg

EDIT: I believe this was a CSCStang box here, which is what I modeled my box after and built exactly like this:

IMG_403487312241826.jpeg

Subwoofer Displacement
Just did a build with two hds208's front firing port to the sides tuned to 35hz on a 2200.1 @ 1ohm and it gets down. The roof in the silverado is like Paper, it's annoying. Going to have to dampen the entire top because it jiggles around so bad.
I just added 3/8 ply to mines with spray foam in between. Solid as **** now. Added a false to the back wall as well.

I just added 3/8 ply to mines with spray foam in between. Solid as **** now. Added a false to the back wall as well.
When we were discussing how well the 8's would do.. I didn't expect them to do this well and destroy my roof lol. The ply is a good idea, I'll definitely try that and see how well it does for me.

When we were discussing how well the 8's would do.. I didn't expect them to do this well and destroy my roof lol. The ply is a good idea, I'll definitely try that and see how well it does for me.
Raised the db's huge man do it.

Just over a cube net per sub.. I'll have to look for the rest of my design pictures. Here is the original design, ended up doing side ports like mentioned after talking with cscstang, side ports have a lot more output in these trucks. It gets down, that's for sure. They have been holding up just fine on the power.
The design is under seat, no seat lift.

2dty6i0.jpg

EDIT: I believe this was a CSCStang box here, which is what I modeled my box after and built exactly like this:

IMG_403487312241826.jpeg
That looks like a 2000ish truck, same brackets as mine. My box is almost exactly the same, except it's poorly built, not tall enough in the back, and I blew one of the corners out the first week I owned the truck. So I guess it's nothing like it. Oh well.

I would agree that a front facing port would be better since the door closes directly into the port area and would create a strange secondary port of sorts out of the area it creates.

Do you have the file for that or could you dimension it and give it to me? What's the center intrusion for? Does the box actually continue into the trans hump, or is it a single layer of MDF right there?

Wow! I hope you mounted that INSIDE the truck, wouldn't do too well outside :p Does the headliner still fit like it should? I noticed that the back half of the roof is totally unsupported. Theres cross bracing where the half doors are all the way across, nothing behind that.

Wow! I hope you mounted that INSIDE the truck, wouldn't do too well outside :p Does the headliner still fit like it should? I noticed that the back half of the roof is totally unsupported. Theres cross bracing where the half doors are all the way across, nothing behind that.
Side port was actually better, unloading off the side made it louder.

The center part in the box was a single layer MDF where the amp was going to be mounted, ended up doing a full box all the way across for more air space though. The truck is an 05.

I don't think I have the design/cut sheet anymore unfortunately.

Side port was actually better, unloading off the side made it louder.
The center part in the box was a single layer MDF where the amp was going to be mounted, ended up doing a full box all the way across for more air space though. The truck is an 05.

I don't think I have the design/cut sheet anymore unfortunately.
No big deal, I can dimension roughly assuming your holes are 8" with reference measurements from my truck/box.

I think any amp I would use would be too big for that space anyway, I'll use it for volume and put the amp on the back wall like others say is fine.

Sorry, I misread about the side ports. I was trying to avoid them because I didn't think they'd be efficient, if they are I'll try to figure something out! Looks like a 3" round port there?

There's a video in my build log I bumped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

304cef34ab925b1ca355ed668e257ce0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I hope you mounted that INSIDE the truck, wouldn't do too well outside [emoji14] Does the headliner still fit like it should? I noticed that the back half of the roof is totally unsupported. Theres cross bracing where the half doors are all the way across, nothing behind that.
Yeah man it's on the inside. Headliner fit back in with a little extra love yeah. Well worth the work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.