Silverado budget build, options...

Hey guys, first post.
I've been looking into upgrading the sub-par subs in the truck right now and am stuck between a single 12" ported sub, or 2 12" subs in sealed enclosures.

I'm working with about 2.5 cubic feet of box size (under rear seat) with a 2" seat lift. I'm looking at using a Rockville RXD-M3 at 4 ohms, with the DVC 4 ohm 12" PA mofo 124x speakers (2?). It would work as ported with one or sealed with two. I know this amp puts out CEA power ratings plus some, so about 1000w rms at 1 ohm.

I've also considered the square brutus 12" sub, I've heard these and they rock like an L5.

What would you guys do? I will be building the box (have made several).

Open to suggestions! Thanks for the input, I've been trolling for a while and just can't find much of what I need.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of the low down glass shattering 30hz bass, but understand that this is a truck. I do listen to rock as well. MY buddy had 3 l7's in his ram sealed in a tiny prefab box and it was plenty of low end for me, for about a week until he literally blew the front face of the box off lol.

i would do a soundqbed sub.

and there amps.

Id run a pair of Sound Qubed HDS 310s,or a single 12,or an American Bass XFL 10,or 12..Two S.Qubed HDS 210s,DVC 4 ohm on a PPI 1000.1d Phantom amp would be a nice set up and space saver,and you should be able to get some nice lows and decent ported enclosure installed.Even two single enclosures/one for ea. sub with aero-ports.

I like the single soundqubed 12" ported idea the most. I don't have the space for 2 10" ported. It's a really small area, like 15x9x50 with a big hump for the transmission in the middle.

I have a nnbs crew cab with 4 sa8v2's under the rear seat forward facing. It's about 2.6 ft3 before displacements pretty much on the small side but freaking pounds just on 1200 watts(elemental designs nine.1). Your truck has more underseat space then mine does so I think you would have proper airspace for 2 10's ported. I would look into the fi ssd's they can work in an enclosure as small as .90ft3 and get very low and loud and actually have very nice sq.

I have a nnbs crew cab with 4 sa8v2's under the rear seat forward facing. It's about 2.6 ft3 before displacements pretty much on the small side but freaking pounds just on 1200 watts(elemental designs nine.1). Your truck has more underseat space then mine does so I think you would have proper airspace for 2 10's ported. I would look into the fi ssd's they can work in an enclosure as small as .90ft3 and get very low and loud and actually have very nice sq.
Newer 06+ crew cabs are larger then 99-05 ext cab.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I thought the nnbs might have been a bit more tight but wasn't sure. IS it the bulk of the brackets or just tight floor to seat? Could you link me to the FI ssd's?

Also, where'd you mount the amp? I'm hesitant to put mine on the back wall for heat reasons. IT wouldn't be touching anything (esp. with the seat moved up) but I just don't see there being too much fresh air down there. I'd eat the entire under seat area with a box for 2 10's.

I LOVE a well built ported box though. Did a box for two of the DC level 5 15" in a buddy's truck, once the kinetics were healthy enough we blew the back window up. You could fit a child in the port lol.

b3b2280712113126ebd61626e998eee9.jpg
this is the box I had built amp mounts under the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey that's pretty cool! I never thought of extending the hump! Also, being forward facing and on the same side, I could just make the kid sit on the drivers side so the little muddy heels don't find their way into my drivers.

What truck did that go in, and is that a faux wood finish? Looks incredible if so...

Nice speaker, the options make it seem like it's a made-to-order sub. I bet their customer service is excellent if you roast a coil or something. I think it's a bit out of my price range for two at the moment.

I think I've zero'd in on the soundqubed hds310, two of them if I can manage. Reccomended minimum 1.25 cubes in a ported box, I can swing that, it will be a creative port that's for sure.

On this page...

http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html

It says that it'd be a 44" sq port at 21" long. What's that 44" sq mean? Area of the port exit? I'd assume 4"x10" @ 21" length.

Hey that's pretty cool! I never thought of extending the hump! Also, being forward facing I could just make the kid sit on the drivers side so the little muddy heels don't find their way into my drivers.
What truck did that go in, and is that a faux wood finish? Looks incredible if so...
It's Baltic birch I stained modern mohogany... It's for my 04 Sierra ext.. The box is 2 cu 33hz for two sundown x8's

I thought the nnbs might have been a bit more tight but wasn't sure. IS it the bulk of the brackets or just tight floor to seat? Could you link me to the FI ssd's?
Also, where'd you mount the amp? I'm hesitant to put mine on the back wall for heat reasons. IT wouldn't be touching anything (esp. with the seat moved up) but I just don't see there being too much fresh air down there. I'd eat the entire under seat area with a box for 2 10's.

I LOVE a well built ported box though. Did a box for two of the DC level 5 15" in a buddy's truck, once the kinetics were healthy enough we blew the back window up. You could fit a child in the port lol.
I owned a 00 gmc sierra.

Our floor is raised right below the bench seat and the seat bolts on each sode with two bolts each.

NNBS crew cabs have bucket seats that leave the entire floor panel flat allowing more space to be used.

Mounting a piece of wood to the back wall and mounting the amp should be fine.

The heatsink in most amps will help clear the heat.

Especially if you are going to be running anything lower then 2.5k watts.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Nice speaker, the options make it seem like it's a made-to-order sub. I bet their customer service is excellent if you roast a coil or something. I think it's a bit out of my price range for two at the moment.
I think I've zero'd in on the soundqubed hds310, two of them if I can manage. Reccomended minimum 1.25 cubes in a ported box, I can swing that, it will be a creative port that's for sure.
They are built to order... Gotta be willing to wait for it lol... The hds10s should do you fine... Just know my box required me to lift seat 2" that's how I got it to 2 cu... You could easily go 3" seat lift and have plenty of air space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.