Should this box work well for dual Skar VVXv3 10s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AirManAdam

First of all, I'm new to this site, new to box building, and practically new to forums lol. I've read thousands but never interacted on them. This week I ordered 2 Skar VVX 10s. The specs call for 1.25 ft^3 sealed and 1.75^3 ported. Ported tuned to 34hz. I'm going to order a 2.5 cube sealed box initially because I do prefer SQ over SPL; but I do love to bump when I'm in the mood. If I like the sealed sound, great. If not, that's what this post is for. Not to mention I think it'd be a ton of fun to build a box. Maybe ill build the sealed one instead of ordering it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif. Anyways, I decided to design a box during my free time recently, in case I decide I don't like the sealed. I drew it out on paper and then built it using google sketch up. The outside dimensions are 32w x 14.5h x 20d. Port is 13h x 3w x 16.25" long, obviously being slotted. Its a straight slot with no turns. Very basic build...seems too basic hence me posting this question. Gross volume 4.24 cubic feet. Port volume .37 cubic feet. Driver displacement .3 cubic feet total. Leaving me with net 3.57 cubic feet. It should end up at about 3.4-3.5 cubic feet with the second layer of 3/4 mdf on the baffle. Tuning calculators say it should be about 34hz. Those are all the specs I can think of. I attached pictures. Also, I left out the top piece of wood so the inside would be visible. That's why the height is 13.75". Thank you guys so much.

First of all, I'm new to this site, new to box building, and practically new to forums lol. I've read thousands but never interacted on them. This week I ordered 2 Skar VVX 10s. The specs call for 1.25 ft^3 sealed and 1.75^3 ported. Ported tuned to 34hz. I'm going to order a 2.5 cube sealed box initially because I do prefer SQ over SPL; but I do love to bump when I'm in the mood. If I like the sealed sound, great. If not, that's what this post is for. Not to mention I think it'd be a ton of fun to build a box. Maybe ill build the sealed one instead of ordering it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif. Anyways, I decided to design a box during my free time recently, in case I decide I don't like the sealed. I drew it out on paper and then built it using google sketch up. The outside dimensions are 32w x 14.5h x 20d. Port is 13h x 3w x 16.25" long, obviously being slotted. Its a straight slot with no turns. Very basic build...seems too basic hence me posting this question. Gross volume 4.24 cubic feet. Port volume .37 cubic feet. Driver displacement .3 cubic feet total. Leaving me with net 3.57 cubic feet. It should end up at about 3.4-3.5 cubic feet with the second layer of 3/4 mdf on the baffle. Tuning calculators say it should be about 34hz. Those are all the specs I can think of. I attached pictures. Also, I left out the top piece of wood so the inside would be visible. That's why the height is 13.75". Thank you guys so much.
yeah it'll work fine.. u could screw a dowel rod from front to back of box between subs.. peeps here will tell u port should be 14sq in per cf meaning it would need to be wider (of course that would make it longer) i had custom ported box for 2 orion hp 12 port was 2.5" wide it sounded good.. look in my gallery it's the dual one with black e design subs in it..

I used Google sketch up 2017 and I use the "woodworking - inches" template. I use "the12volt.com"s volume calculator and for port length I used carstereo.com's port length calculator

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.