Subs Up, Port Side 2 15" Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok guys, im debating on doing a 2 15" sub daily build nothing major. I drive a 02 Kia Sportage and your probably thinking no not enough space. However if i do Subs up Port Side then i can make it work for space and use a Aeroport. I dont have any Experience with this enclosure orientation but i have seen some guys with this and the build was loud and impressive. Im not looking to win any comps or anything but like having decent numbers capabilities.

Im thinking of doing 2 Skar VVX 15s and just keep my SS T3k seeing its does a Awesome job pushing the SA12s i have now running at 1ohm so seeing they are similar i figure run 1 ohm on those also.

But anyway thoughts and input please.

I say try it. any idea what you hitting with the SA 12s?
not right now. I am suppose get some meter time in tomorrow. Im not sure what it does but if i guessed i would say about 144. Nothing spectacular lol. It does move some air and sounds pretty loud for 2 12s. im interested to what it will actually meter.

not right now. I am suppose get some meter time in tomorrow. Im not sure what it does but if i guessed i would say about 144. Nothing spectacular lol. It does move some air and sounds pretty loud for 2 12s. im interested to what it will actually meter.
which are your favorite woofers so far between the IA DC and SAs? what else you had?

which are your favorite woofers so far between the IA DC and SAs? what else you had?
I have had IA DC sundown SQ AB. As funny as it sounds Soundqubed is my favorite for price vs performance

If u listen to a lot of decaf and DJSNT got160s etc... I say a pair of used sundown Xv2 12s in 6 cubes with 70" port tuned low. On your power would straight hammer. Hair tricks n all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

lol. yuck they do get loud though.
ha.... personal opinion. I did 147.6 music avg 30 sec with 1 hdc3 18 and on 700-800ish rms. May not be loud to most but still impressed me. Thats been a while now though

ha.... personal opinion. I did 147.6 music avg 30 sec with 1 hdc3 18 and on 700-800ish rms. May not be loud to most but still impressed me. Thats been a while now though
better than i did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.