Should I get alt or battery first?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex Leslie

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’ve got a new setup going on 2 sundown x 12’s a 3500 amp and plenty of wiring big 3 350amp ofc upgrade. Basically have everything I need besides my battery and my alternator. I can only afford one or the other at the moment until a few months pass. There was only one plug and play high output alt I could manage to find for my specific vehicle. It’s a 220 amp which is all I can do for now, and the battery I was gonna get was a xs d3400. I know I should get the alternator first but I figured with that 350 amp big 3 upgrade I might be fine with just getting the battery first but I’m not completely sure. which should I get first or what could I do to make what I l’élève got work, any input helps.

Appreciate it pop, figured that’s what I should do any specific agm you have in mind cause I want something with some good power. this is gonna be my first big setup since I’ve decided to really learn everything I can with car audio, still learning tho.

Odyessey is on the higher end or any name brand will do. There is only 4-6 battery plants in the world and you would be surprised who makes what. Just stay away from Optima seen them cut in half at first they were great now they are selling based off their name and history.

Appreciate it pop, figured that’s what I should do any specific agm you have in mind cause I want something with some good power. this is gonna be my first big setup since I’ve decided to really learn everything I can with car audio, still learning tho.
What Vehicle is it???

It’s a 2006 Hyundai Azera just a little V6 car
Measure LxWxH at the max H to be more specific to make sure if you have Top post that you have clearance from the hood when closed. Go to Orileys and see what Super Start AGM will fit with your measurements. Its a good battery and has a decent warranty and easy to swapp due to several Chain locations if need warranty applied.Get the highest CCA, and CA with at least RES of 120. Two would be ideal for the future amperage needed with the big 3 installed and the second battery with that new Alt. Should keep up with what you have. Might even look at a Duralast AGM. I have one in my 2500 HD and about to add another soon for a 5k watt Inverter and have power for my Liftgate. 1000 CA and like 800 CCA with 120 RES, One is holding up so far. Ijust dont like the Plastic body around the Top post version of which I have. Hard to get a dcent Batt Post on it for additions. Ill have to buy or make for Lug connections for this set of batteries. One is holding up just fine and holding @14.2v with A/C on full tilt and @idle is around 14.4/14.3

Measure LxWxH at the max H to be more specific to make sure if you have Top post that you have clearance from the hood when closed. Go to Orileys and see what Super Start AGM will fit with your measurements. Its a good battery and has a decent warranty and easy to swapp due to several Chain locations if need warranty applied.Get the highest CCA, and CA with at least RES of 120. Two would be ideal for the future amperage needed with the big 3 installed and the second battery with that new Alt. Should keep up with what you have. Might even look at a Duralast AGM. I have one in my 2500 HD and about to add another soon for a 5k watt Inverter and have power for my Liftgate. 1000 CA and like 800 CCA with 120 RES, One is holding up so far. Ijust dont like the Plastic body around the Top post version of which I have. Hard to get a dcent Batt Post on it for additions. Ill have to buy or make for Lug connections for this set of batteries. One is holding up just fine and holding @14.2v with A/C on full tilt and @idle is around 14.4/14.3
Man I appreciate that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...