Should I do it?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

T2buff

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have two single voice coil 2ohm twelves running on a JP8 now. I want to get another JP8 and strap them together. But I'm nervous about the final ohm load the amps will see. Anybody think I should try it or just get a bigger amp 🤔

I have two single voice coil 2ohm twelves running on a JP8 now. I want to get another JP8 and strap them together. But I'm nervous about the final ohm load the amps will see. Anybody think I should try it or just get a bigger amp 🤔
The resistance of the voice coils is the same and would be the same if another amp is added. Both amps together will still se the same load you have now as the voice coils haven't changed.

The resistance of the voice coils is the same and would be the same if another amp is added.
Yes, but when you strap amps each one "sees" half of the total impedance.

IMO if you can't afford to break amps and have to ask here you probably should avoid running any equipment outside of the manufacturer recommendations.

When you strap the JP amps they are spec'd for a 2 ohm load. Just run each amp separately to each sub for a final 1 ohm load on each. Make sure your speaker wires are the same length and you shouldn't have a problem. Those little amps are good for 1200rms+ at 1 ohm iirc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...