Shallow mount subs?

I've had my Pioneer shallow mount for close to 6 months now and have been really happy with it. So far, all of the people I've let hear it and have shown it to are always impressed. Plus, I just have a single cab pickup, so one 12" does a fine job at rattling it to pieces. It sounds like any other 12 I've heard, I mean, if you put a shallow 12 beside a regular 12, you wouldn't tell an audible difference. Bass is really nice, and goes deep. It also gets loud off of less power, which is an ideal option for people with lack of space (lack of space for sub probably = lack of space for amp.)

Just thought I'd throw in some experience from using one.

Would anyone have other recommendations for a more SQ oriented shallow mount sub? I need on in the back of my regular cab f-350 to try and keep up with rainbow germaniums. I may be able to fit two 10's, or one 12.

Pioneer is the easiest to get, but any other suggestions? The Exile looks nice, and critical mass looks good to. I don't mind spending some cash, but I don't want to spend it twice (with a bad sounding first choice).

Thanks,

Joe

Well, I can't do that in a std cab Nissan truck.... that would be funny tho to open the door and show off my under the seat enclosure with 10's or 12's.... hahaha! jk!

^^^ I am becoming a huge Critical Mass proponent. If the LS is like the SS82 I am testing, then it should rock!!!
What would you compared the SS82 too. I have yet to try the 8, 10 of the SS line, but have used the 12 and 15 and for the price they are great drivers and sound very nice. I also on a great 8 hunt, At the moment my top pick is the Arc Audio 8D2.

What would you compared the SS82 too. I have yet to try the 8, 10 of the SS line, but have used the 12 and 15 and for the price they are great drivers and sound very nice. I am also on a great 8 hunt, At the moment my top pick is the Arc Audio 8D2.
Well nothing.....I am in the middle of testing eight (or more if I can get a Treo SSi) 8" subs. I am only on number two with the C-Mass. The DD1008 is next. After the DD is the Arc 8D2, the AA Assassin, and so on. If you want to check my progress go here.....

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/car-audio-multimedia-ice/234103-4-way-front-stage-started-today.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.