rsd 12" vs. type R 12"

swangin68
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hemet ca
i have already done a search. just wanted to hear more on these two subs...id rather have sq a little over spl if i had to pick. and i like lowend extension thats hard and clean...i have about 2000 rms that would go to them...

better can be had for the money. unless buying used/ebay. i would go with the rsd imo they have better sq. and every other person has r's.

better can be had for the money. unless buying used/ebay. i would go with the rsd imo they have better sq. and every other person has r's.
x2 on the every other person has a R and from what towncar has mentioned, you should be fine giving each rsd 1000rms...

im not going for db's...when u say its not as loud how much we talking...be able to hear the difference by the ear easily..even at the power i have

the rsds will be plenty loud off 2kw. My guess is the type rs will be louder by ear off that same power, but if your going for sq, it shouldnt matter. Sq, and 2000 watts... hmm

towncar, lemme clarify a bit more..i want sq with loud and spl...i dont want loud dirty bass. if i have to sacrifice a little loud for sq it seems worth it...i hate dirty bass but i want loud clean hard bass....u say the r's will be louder noticeably, now will the rsd's be nitoceably cleaner and lower

ive heard people hitting 145 db with 1000 w with the rsd's thats loud..i know the r's are capable also...but just wondering how far apart are they in loudness????

yes i would also like to know. because i would like to have real loud like the type r's for show off reasons at school. but is the sq of the type r's that bad?

bragging right are almost everything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.