Shallow mount subs?

YZmoto125
10+ year member

Ive been going back and fourth on what I want to do in my truck, either take out the backseat on it and put a 15, or put 2 12" shallow mount subs under my backseat. Because I am terrible at building things, I would go with a pre-made box ( http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/188.htm ) but it requires a small mounting depth and low airspace. Are there any good 12" shallow mount subs out there? Ive heard about an earthquake 12" shallow mount that was pretty good, but what will be louder, 2 12" shallow mounts, or 1 15" normal sub? Also do you guys have any suggestions of which shallow mounts to get? I would rather not loose the extra passenger room as well as all the room for stuff, but a ton of bass is definately important, what do you guys suggest?

A while ago I remember seeing the new rockford fosgate shallow mount subs that were going to come out in april I think. They were a P3 shallow mount that was on their site, 3.25" mounting depth, .635ft3 and 500 watt rms for the 12s. I was excited about these becasue it would work perfect under the backseats of my truck, but now everything that I found on them has gone away. Anybody know what happened to these?

pioneer also makes a shallow mount u could throw into your choices.... i personally havent heard no shallow mount subs so far so i cannot comment on there bass or quality

there's these subs by a company called critical mass who makes shallow mount subs.

LS122_a_480.jpg

check out http://www.criticalmassaudio.com

12" shallowmount is called LS122

yea i saw em in a magazine one time. they had like 8 12's in a suburban w/ ALL trunkspace intanct, w/ 8000+ watts.

the site says that 12 is 567:crazy:

if i had the dough, id like to tryem out

btw, the rockford shallow p3's have been put aside until 07 because they were not happy with the initial run. not gonna see them this year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A pair of 10's in the small cab of a pickup would likely be fine and many will work in .75 cF that enclosure offers.

The main thing you need to determine is what the maximum depth subwoofer you can use in there. Most subwoofer manufacturers have a subwoofer line with a ~5" depth behind the flange that will likely work in that enclosure.

Ive been going back and fourth on what I want to do in my truck, either take out the backseat on it and put a 15, or put 2 12" shallow mount subs under my backseat. Because I am terrible at building things, I would go with a pre-made box ( http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/188.htm ) but it requires a small mounting depth and low airspace. Are there any good 12" shallow mount subs out there? Ive heard about an earthquake 12" shallow mount that was pretty good, but what will be louder, 2 12" shallow mounts, or 1 15" normal sub? Also do you guys have any suggestions of which shallow mounts to get? I would rather not loose the extra passenger room as well as all the room for stuff, but a ton of bass is definately important, what do you guys suggest?
A while ago I remember seeing the new rockford fosgate shallow mount subs that were going to come out in april I think. They were a P3 shallow mount that was on their site, 3.25" mounting depth, .635ft3 and 500 watt rms for the 12s. I was excited about these becasue it would work perfect under the backseats of my truck, but now everything that I found on them has gone away. Anybody know what happened to these?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.