Setting help. Pioneer HU

Participant count
  • Participant list
A few quick questions. May come off as dumb, or trollish, but just looking for help. I have the Pioneer AVH-3600BHS. I just installed a new amp today, and completed the big three. I'm going to tune the amp tomorrow, and re-do the hu settings (from the battery being un hooked). Anyway, questions:

The unit has a sub control feature of course. It has a built in sub crossover frequency which I plan to put at 80Hz. Also, the amp has a LPF as well, and I've heard before you should use one or the other. Not both. It is safe to assume the best way to use the crossover is by adjusting the amp only? Amp and HU?

Next question:

HU also has a high pass filter ranging from (50/63/80/100/125Hz). I use a custom EQ setting I set up, so is the HPF worth fooling with, or should I just leave it off?

Any and all help appreciated

A few quick questions. May come off as dumb, or trollish, but just looking for help. I have the Pioneer AVH-3600BHS. I just installed a new amp today, and completed the big three. I'm going to tune the amp tomorrow, and re-do the hu settings (from the battery being un hooked). Anyway, questions:
The unit has a sub control feature of course. It has a built in sub crossover frequency which I plan to put at 80Hz. Also, the amp has a LPF as well, and I've heard before you should use one or the other. Not both. It is safe to assume the best way to use the crossover is by adjusting the amp only? Amp and HU?

Next question:

HU also has a high pass filter ranging from (50/63/80/100/125Hz). I use a custom EQ setting I set up, so is the HPF worth fooling with, or should I just leave it off?

Any and all help appreciated
if you like pushing your speakers to extremely loud levels and would like to prolong the life if your mids, then high pass filter is your friend. It attenuates(weakens the signal) the lower bass frequencies that your speakers arent meant to hit so more power can be focused on midbass and midrange. Leave it at 80hz if its daily listening, but when you really push your system hard, put it at 125hz to ensure longevity of your midrange speakers.

for the low pass filter, i normally just use the head unit's low pass filter and open it real wide on the amp pretty much not using the amp's LPF. Crossovers on a good head unit do the job better since the head unit is the origin source of the audio signal.

if you like pushing your speakers to extremely loud levels and would like to prolong the life if your mids, then high pass filter is your friend. It attenuates(weakens the signal) the lower bass frequencies that your speakers arent meant to hit so more power can be focused on midbass and midrange. Leave it at 80hz if its daily listening, but when you really push your system hard, put it at 125hz to ensure longevity of your midrange speakers.
for the low pass filter, i normally just use the head unit's low pass filter and open it real wide on the amp pretty much not using the amp's LPF. Crossovers on a good head unit do the job better since the head unit is the origin source of the audio signal.
Sounds good. Appreciate the info chef!

I am having trouble getting my sub woofer control on my head unit to control my sub woofer. I have the rear speaker set to sub woofer in the System Menu but it still will not turn my sub on/off when I want it to. If anyone can chime in here and give me some tips I would greatly appreciate any advice!!

I had the same question. I decided to set the h/u higher and using the lpf on the amp, set to 80. Works for me. Oan his you liking that hifonics? I heard they were power hungry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.