Setting Gain with Multimeter Problems

I have the stock radio that came with my 2011 Silverado. It's the one with Nav, backup cam, had the Bose system but I bypassed that. Turned the treble and mids to middle(flat) and bass up. When I tested it I had the frequency at 60hz on the amp. Haven't had time to try on 240hz but other than that everything was set like you said to.

which loc are you running? some of them have switches on them to vary output voltage.

sounds like either your not getting a good input signal to your amp, or something on the amp is messed up (settings or internals)

you can always rule one out by plugging your phone/mp3 player directly into the amp and going from there

I don't think it is the amp because my 4 channel amp has the same problem. So you're saying just get a headphone jack to RCA cable and hook my phone to it? If I do that and I get the right voltage what should I do about the signal from my head unit?

how did you hook up your amps to your stock headunit?

an LOC (Line Output Converter) is what you use to get a signal from your stock radio to your amps

Well I have read that the stock Bose radio only puts out low level RCA output because stock they go straight to a Bose amp. But other people have said that it is not low level it is in fact high level speaker output. I really don't know how to tell. But my amp takes either through the RCA input. It came with an adapter to adapt your HU output to RCA. Hope you under stand what I mean.

So the adapter took your speaker wiring out of your headunit and converted it to a rca? That is an LOC

If both your amps are doing it, I'd check the wiring at the adapter and the head unit

No it's not a converter. It's just two RCA cables that is bare wire on the other end., picture an RCA cable then cut one end off and wire your speaker output to it You know most amps have desperate input for high level, well my amp can take high or low level trough the RCA jacks. I know what a LOC is, I have them in my car. I just didn't know they were called an LOC.

i wana see a picture of whats happening between your headunit and the amp.

a quick drawing in pencil will do - but label each piece so we can see how its hooked up... it sounds like something is .... missing i think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hybrid13

10+ year member
Hybrid13
Coden, Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from