Setting Gain and Head Unit volume.

Participant count
  • Participant list

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
I was wondering if it would make a difference if I used an MP3 test tone versus a FLAC test tone of the same 40hz when finding the max volume of my head unit? All I see if test tones that are in MP3 format when on websites like Kicker, MTX and under the DD-1 page. I'm guessing it matters with the gain? I mostly will be playing FLAC through my Iphone. Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
I was wondering if it would make a difference if I used an MP3 test tone versus a FLAC test tone of the same 40hz when finding the max volume of my head unit? I'm guessing it matters with the gain? I mostly will be playing FLAC through my Iphone. Thanks for any advice
FLAC or WAV for the test tone... what head unit? Someone may already have the max output volume to give you.

Oh, ok thought so but making sure...got OCD like that. I have a JVC KD-TD71BT. I tested the max volume from the phone with the DD-1 MP3 40Hz file and I got 34 out of 35 but then again it was with an MP3 file. I'll have to retest with a reliable FLAC file.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
GenY
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from