Setting Freq. help with active setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

KenC210
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i would like to know what i would need to do to have a good sounding active setup. I would like to have the tweeters play from 1.2khz on up have my mid-highs play from 400hz-1.2khz have my mid to lows play from 80hz-400hz? I got the subs taken care of 80hz down already its just everything on up that i dont understand yet.

So, you're running a 3 way front stage with tweeters, midrange, and midbass? and subs too? right?

I HIGHLY doubt your tweeters will play down to 1.2khz. Its pretty much impossible to find one that will, especially when u go to crank it.

CADENCE ZRS-40T SILK DOME 1" NEO CAR TWEETERS These are the exact tweeters i got now... but yes an active 3way setup is what im concerned about. however if the tweeters wont play that low i could have the midrange play higher into those ranges. Im just curious on what other type of equipment i will be need to get all my speakers to play in the designated ranges i want them to be played in.

Cadence XM64V 6.5 for the midrange CADENCE FX8M4 8" for midbass. however the 8" cadence is more a mid-high speaker so i plan on getting a different midbass 8

With those drivers for xover points, I'd try something like this:

Midbass: 80-300

Midrange: 300 - 3000/3500/4000

Tweeter: 3000/3500/4000+

But your own ears will tell u when u find that sweet spot

With that HU's 12db/octave crossovers, you don't have a very steep rolloff...yeah, definitely be having to play around a bit to find sweetspots.

Might find someone else on here, or elsewhere, with that HU and axe them where their settings are....course different rides and different ears make it hard to 'mimic' someone else's stuff and be happy, but it might give you a starting point.

well i got my midbass at 80hz-300hz now i just used the decks hpf to help set those and have the amp set on lpf at 300hz. Its just getting the mid range and tweeters to get the right freq. i am not to sure on what other equipment i need to get them to play in the freq i want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.