Seeking Simple Wisdom

Perfect, so a ported box, with the sub w/grill & port on top. How important if at all is the "L" wall inside for the port? Is that what "tunes" the box to a particular frequency?

Perfect, so a ported box, with the sub w/grill & port on top. How important if at all is the "L" wall inside for the port? Is that what "tunes" the box to a particular frequency?
Configuration counts a ton.. for example this port loads under the rear seat while the subs fire upwards in an extended cab Chevy pushed back as far as possible in a console box.
rwO7hx.jpg

The L in a port is part of the enclosure... there to hit a specific length within a specific volume.
Please don't downfire if possible. In your application its almost a console... why not build it accordingly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Are your tweeters amplified or powered by the radio or maybe factory amp? I'd check your wiring for sure, make sure 12v power and ground are...
Hi my names Vick and I am seeking to compile a list of reputable car audio / security systems that do professional work, take pride in their jobs...
It's a Volvo factory amp, so there's a custom wire harness between the head and amp.
I went with those simply because they fit, the cutout is round, and the hole will take a 6.5 coax. Cutting a square hole in a boat for a speaker...
I think you're going to find this is true across the board. Technology has come so far at this point that even the absolute rock bottom unit that...

About this thread

Turpy

Turpy
Elwood, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
shredder2