*Running Multiple Alternators*

This is where I get lucky. I guess that module is for an internally regulated alternator I take it. Well my car is externally regulated. I assume this module or whatever bypasses the computer, well I dont have to, I can get an external regulater and turn that **** up to 18v if I wanted.

I would just run them in parallel. 

Literally just use a jumper a few inches from alternator1, to alternator 2.

Then run 1-2 runs of 1/0 to the front battery... and however many runs of 1/0 you want to the rear battery.

Don't listen to 90% of the tards in this thread that have never even done it before... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

nG
Thank you

Not many have done what im shooting for, and he is one of the few i knew could help

Oh and u too cupcake;)

Some vehicles now a days have PCU's that control the cut in and output voltage.This allows you to pick a higher voltage and make the vehicle charge at a higher voltage.But if you have an externally regulated alternator you can do the same thing,but you have total control your not just stuck with what they program it to.

This is where I get lucky. I guess that module is for an internally regulated alternator I take it. Well my car is externally regulated. I assume this module or whatever bypasses the computer, well I dont have to, I can get an external regulater and turn that **** up to 18v if I wanted.
true, an externaly regulated, and adjustable alt will allow you to go up to 18v whenever you want.....but one thing it wont do is fix that annoying battery error light on the dash that happens with dual alts (sometimes). Also, if you already have internally regulated 12/14v alts, this thing helps because you dont have to replace what you have. Its mainly meant for dual alts where you run into computer problems. The extra volt (or more) you request is just a side benefit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

spl guru has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

tried to RETURN your PM bro but you have them turned off or something....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted: spl guru has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

tried to RETURN your PM bro but you have them turned off or something....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
He was banned today for a full year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I do see the benefits of this product and I'm not putting it down in anyway.

Now is this only for dual alts or can you have a single alt and flash the PCU to raise the voltage as well?

Have you had any side effects from runnig 15-15.3v?

oh no its cool man, its not MY product so i wont take it personal at all.....im just sharing my own results. Ive had it in my ride since friday and so far no negative effects at all.

from what i understand, yes, they can bump a single alt up a little as well no problem...

Yes, single alt units are available. As a matter of fact, looks like I'll be running a single alt unit (my dual alt situation is ... unusual).

Thanks again Steve for recommending them. So far their customer service has been stellar, Chris (the owner) calling me multiple times at home, and from his home, to work with me on getting me what I need. I told Chris even if they cant work out something for me (which I think they can) I will give them props for taking the time to work with me.

If anyone else is even considering this product, I highly recommend contacting them. You wont be disappointed... they return emails promptly, have good/great phone service... I love these guys so far.

I asked Ohio Gen about the external regulator for their alts and they said if I didn't really know what I was doing with it or if it was a daily driver too than I shouldn't use it. Odd cause a friend of mine has one. You wont want to be turning your voltage up to 18 volts either, unless the alt is running separate from the vehicles electrical system and the amps will handle 16 volts or more. Your vehicles system won't handle more than 16 volts, some won't handle more than something like 15.5 volts.

I asked Ohio Gen about the external regulator for their alts and they said if I didn't really know what I was doing with it or if it was a daily driver too than I shouldn't use it. Odd cause a friend of mine has one. You wont want to be turning your voltage up to 18 volts either, unless the alt is running separate from the vehicles electrical system and the amps will handle 16 volts or more. Your vehicles system won't handle more than 16 volts, some won't handle more than something like 15.5 volts.
LOL

NO I am not gonna put one in and turn it up to 18v, just stating that my car has an external regulator, in the computer to be exact. It has 2 field wires that go to the alt, all I have to do is hook up a regulaor to the alt and Im good. Most Chryslers are like that. Thats why there is only Ford and GM on their site, cause it would be kind of useless in my situation. In fact alot of times the regulater in the computers go bad and an easy way to get around getting another computer is just slap in a $15 regulator. But for the Ford and GM guys that cant just do this I can see where this would benefit.

^^^That is my situation as well!I have a GC and the factory pcu regulated my **** at like 13.8.

I did some research and found you could just use your own regulator.So I got on the phone with Dom and got me a 300a with the external.

Now I can run higher voltages.Fortanitly I haven't experinced the light problem.

Thanks Steve for that info and I will be putting that in my contacts.

Please keep us updated on how it is working and any flaws.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.