Running a 4ohm single voice coil sub at 2ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aryan

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am having a single voice coil 4ohm sub with 325w rms I am looking to buy a mono amplifier as i want to make full use of the rms. Also looking to buy another similar single voice coil 4 ohm sub with 300w rms(not 325w rms as earlier because it’s unavailable)

Ques1 Is it safe to run two 4ohm subs at 2ohm, assuming i wire two 4ohms single coil subs in parallel?

Ques 2 since both the subs are similar but not exactly same one is having a little less rms at around 25 w rms less than the other one will it be compatible for parallel connection? Both are 12 inches jbl subs

The mono amps i am looking at have a rating as
300w rms* 1 at 4 ohms
500w rms* 1 at 2 ohms
800w rms* 1 at 1 ohms

You will be fine running both at a final 2 ohm load as long as the amplifier is stable at that ohm load.The 25 RMS wattage isnt that critical between the subs to hear any if much of a difference. Tune both properly and you shoulld be just fine. Id look at an amplifier that puts out approx 600-1k rms @2ohms to get the most out of the subs. Examples to follow below

Even the 1500 would be nice
Ive put a few of this brand in and they are and have been doing quite well for quite a while.

Here is your wiring Diagram for a final 2 ohm load on the subs. Pretty straight forward

You will be fine running both at a final 2 ohm load as long as the amplifier is stable at that ohm load.The 25 RMS wattage isnt that critical between the subs to hear any if much of a difference. Tune both properly and you shoulld be just fine. Id look at an amplifier that puts out approx 600-1k rms @2ohms to get the most out of the subs. Examples to follow below

Even the 1500 would be nice
Ive put a few of this brand in and they are and have been doing quite well for quite a while.

Here is your wiring Diagram for a final 2 ohm load on the subs. Pretty straight forward

Great advice sir, i ll have to check if those amps are available in india though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...