RMS help

A budget of $800 is going to be hard to work with.
I would recommend the PPI BK1800.1 to save money. You're not going to be able to tell the difference between 1800 and 2200 watts after impedance rise and other factors come into play.

What size is your stock alt? If it's small, I recommend getting a high output alt from Mechman, once again because they are usually the cheapest without going with low quality. No matter what you do, you need to replace the battery under your hood with an AGM battery. Duracell AGMs from Sam's are pretty affordable.

And please make sure the guy knows what he's doing when he designs and builds the box or all your money on equipment was wasted...
I've been using some box design stuff(not at my home pc but I think it was torres and ae or something like that) and I'll be giving him the specs/ helping him with cuts and whatnot. I do not know the stock amperage but I am guessing 125 based on what I could scrounge up on the Internet. In school right now but when I get out for the day I will update with what I find out. What amp alt do you think I'll need? I think after sub,amp, box, and big 3 I'll put whatever is left into the alt. I figure it couldn't hurt to have extra now. I think I'll be in this car for a long time.

View attachment 26547924

How does this look? It will fit(barely on height but whatevs) and otherwise seems good. Any input on tuning? Also where do I want to be in the subs space range of 5-8 cu ft? I assumed 8 because bigger=better but idk I am new. Planned on mounting sub on the "front face" where the port opening is.

Gonna ask again on what cooling options you would recommend for daily use on BL18 - Fi Car Audio Store

That's the one I'm getting and idk cooling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok for some reason it keeps showing up low res. Idk why but sorry.

Box Width: 40

Box Height:18(might drop to 17 for safety)

Box Top Depth:29

Box Bottom Depth:36

Wood Thickness:1

Square Port Width:8

Square Port Length:0(Wanted to get tuning to at least 30 Hz and this being 0 did it. Should it be higher? Default is 8)

At 18 I got right at 8(7.75 after sub displacement) cu ft, but at 17 I got 7.5(7.25 after sub displacement)

Ends up with a tuned freq at 30.5. If dropped to 17 height, about 30.7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.