Request for assistance

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gritz
10+ year member

Optional Douchebag
I just bought a 3k watt amp with 4 bridge and an lcd stereo deck. Should I buy three 10" subs, two 12" (1k each) and two 6x10's, or just one 15"? I want a good mix of highs and lows, but I don't want to blow my windows out (altough, I'm sure there's some way to limit the output [called volume control]). I also would like to know the best method of putting a switch to switch off my subs (because I only want to have them on some times.) This will be my first audio modifacation to my 2000 mercury mystique.

The reason i'm doing all of this to such a grandmaw car is because I want to be able to ride around like any other person during the day, but when I see a group of people trying to look cool with their single-color LED underbody lights (and there are many), I want to have them shown up by a little grandmaw car.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif huh !! i sense this to be your future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

please be a troll
I already am. Don't take me as a toolbag for riding around with UFO's under my car and behind my wheels at first sight, this is all purely for fun.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif huh !! i sense this to be your future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif
come again?

yes it is ,and you need to explain a little better what you are trying to do
oh, the second paragraph can be disregarded, it's only to explain why on earth i'd pack 3k watts into a grandmaw car. I'm merely asking for prefrence of speaker system.

ok i know the car ,with the crappy alt that is on them i wouldn't go much over 1000 watts rms ,if you can do a 15 that will be the best way to get the lows,if you have to use 6x9's then al least try to get a set of comps for the frt doors, will sound alot better, and 2 ways for the rear deck for fill

ok i know the car ,with the crappy alt that is on them i wouldn't go much over 1000 watts rms ,if you can do a 15 that will be the best way to get the lows,if you have to use 6x9's then al least try to get a set of comps for the frt doors, will sound alot better, and 2 ways for the rear deck for fill
You see, i'm an extreme novice at all of this. I'm not even sure what an alt is, unless you're talking about the alternator, rms, comps or what the "rear deck" is, unless you're referring to the area below the back windshield. I already have the 3k, isn't there some kind of way to limit the power that each speaker takes?

2 12's. Set your remote knob where max gain is the correct gain, and turn it down when you want. What is a 6x10? Put some 6 1/2 comps up front and call it good. I have no idea about glowy lights under your car, but I'm sure you can hook that up.

Is that some countries flag, or are you trying to worship satan? Finland or some ****? Either way, I'm going to pray for you.

Word.

3k is just for the subs yea ,get some 0 gauge wire ,i have some for sale too, and an extra battery,rear deck is where the rear window is comps are mids and tweets with a xover and last but not least you need to do what we call the big 3 ,what amp do you have

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.