Remote wire problem Accord 2015 ex-l navi coupe

Participant count
  • Participant list

AccordExL2k15

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hey,
I just installed a pre-amplified sub to the OEM sound system. The huge problem is that I can't find a good source for my remote wire. I tried taping into the rear speaker wire (this has worked on my 09 Yaris and 08 CSX-S) but it doesn't seem to work here. I then ran the remote cable to the fuse box. Here I used an ''add a circuit'' and tried multiple fuses but when I turn the car off, the amp still stays powered (even if I close the doors and lock them). I know that some fuses stay active up to like 15 minutes after the car is off so I decided to have dinner and go check after and it was still on...

This car does have keyless entry, could it be that it's powering on as soon as I approach the vehicle?

P.s. I even tried the radio fuse and it still stayed on.

In my 2014 Honda Accord I used the window motor fuse near the kick panel. It won't work for accessory mode, but it will work when the key is in the on position. I prefer this since my equipment would drain my stock battery rather quickly. I also have a LOC that has options for signal sensing, but I decided to go back to the window fuse I tapped as a personal preference.

This car does have keyless entry, could it be that it's powering on as soon as I approach the vehicle?

That I can't speak to since I have the base LS-X model. I imagine it should be pretty easy though to tell what accessories work and don't work when the key is out of the ignition. My guess is that there's a fuse in the kick panel that would work just fine. Also make sure that your positive cable isn't in any way touching the remote cable as that would obviously lead to a permanently on state.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.