Help with rca

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an amp that takes rca from the head unit, however my head unit does not have rca out. I was wondering if i could wire rca cables to the speaker outputs from the harness of the head unit to be plugged into the amp?
There are options to do what you need to do, but they're all under the name "Line-out Converter" The one that marc linked is an "passive" one that will give a somewhat weak signal and won't address some issues you may have later on down the line. It will give you a signal, but if you're using it for a subwoofer then there's going to be an effort by your car to limit the amount of low end bass that your speakers are given and so you'd want something more like this that I have for the same purpose:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2IB/AudioControl-LC2i-Black.html

It's an "active" line out converter which can be set to reverse the high pass filter that was applied by your stock head unit (edit: at high volumes. Low volume bass is typically allowed through to stock speakers.*). It's more expensive, but moving from a passive to an active LOC with bass restoration is the simplest solution to making your stock system interface seemlessly with your amplifier at all volumes. The one I linked is also very clean sounding compared to at least the passive I owned before it and having a strong signal source helps cut potential feedback in the RCA leads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.