PAC RadioPro5 = No Power Windows/ Locks & No Gauges?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ahopkins321

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed the RadioPro5 hooked up to an older Pioneer avh-p3200bt double din in my 04 GMC Sierra Denali with Bose and Onstar.

Everything worked perfectly for the first few days then I didn't drive the truck for about a week.. I went to fire it up yesterday, battery was dead.. Stuck the battery on a charger, let it charge until today and it fired up but now I get no sound from radio, the radio no longer turns off when the truck turns off, the power windows and door locks no longer work, all gauges on the dash stay at bottom position except speedometer and tach..

I pulled the new radio and pac harness and plugged in the factory radio and EVERYTHING works again so the problem has to be isolated to the PAC..

Any thoughts on what could be happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds to me like you've got a short behind the DIMM in your wiring harness most likely. My guess is that the positive cable is some how getting grounded and it worked at first because it's spliced to ground rather than a direct connect. Double check your wiring colors and that the harness is the correct one. If you're having issues confirming this you can also just check the resistance on the harness power pin with it unplugged and either the ground pin on the harness and/or the ground terminal that normally hooks to the chassis and the inner metal surface of the DIMM slot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.