Recomended amplifer size for ten inch JL

smakrabit

I'm running a JL W0 10" rated at 125 w/continuous off of a Sony 4X35 watt amp. I have a pair of 6X9's on it and the sub. I feel like my sub should me louder but it sometimes sounds like it's peaking. Is this because my amp is out of head room, meaning that since I have to turn the sub volume up all the way, the amp is working too hard and making the sub sound like it's "flopping" out? My real question is... should I upgrade my amplifier to one that has more watts or should I up grade the sub? It doesn't seem logical that my sub would be peaking off of 70 watts mono. Tell me what ya think.

you should use the sony 4x35 amp to drive your 6x9's and the front speakers and buy an amp with a RMS rating as close to the sub's 125 RMS rating. this will give you better sound upfront as well powering the sub properly and giving you better bass.

With that sub, you need to get an amp with more RMS than the 10W0's RMS. It says 125 RMS, but it will need more than that, like almost 200 RMS. Definitly 70 peak is not enough. Ask Zane, he knows what I'm talking about.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.