Warn others

Thanks for the input. I saw a good deal the other day on carstereotime.com and was seriously considering it. Anybody with bad experiences should definitely post, it would be much helpful to everyone whether they be new to car audio or very experienced. We all have to buy somewhere!

I have a theory that professional dealers on eBay get to a point where they no longer give a **** about their ratings.

The last guy I dealt with had over 7000 feedback points, the vast majority of which were positive. He refused to respond to my emails, and the only communication I got from him was an email from UPS when he finally shipped my receiver after a week.

An occasional pissed off customer won't affect a vendor who has so many positive ratings. Unfortunately the P.O.'ed customer is ME.

Thank you for the information. This is a benefit to all others in the car audio community- reporting retailers that are practicing un-ethical business.

jrmax- one thing you should do is forward a copy of this thread to each of the retailers that you have had problems with. Pubilc stereo forums tend to have a little more impact on the retailer correcting the problem. The issues are out in the open for all to see, this gives negative publicity which hurts business. Any credible retailer should at least address the issue at hand and try to correct the problem. This practice tests not only the company's Credibility, but also thier integrity and customer relations.

Go ahead- forward a copy of this thread to the retailers you are having a problem with so that they may make an appearance here in thier defense in hopes of this issue being resolved.

A wise man once said "Business is not a business without customers." Since Customer relations can make or break a business- they should have no trouble working with you.

take it easy,

-zane

lol turn them into nightline.."come down" with a fatal illness and make a story on it for tv...that will get them!!! (that lifeboy still didn't make me blind yet, **** it!!)

I am about to send it to them but i just want to write this so they can see it i am saying that there are at least 1000 members on this site and i have posted on 5 or 6 and putting the word out. So everyone knows that i mean business I am willing to retract my statements for the equipement I ordered. But it just goes to show that when you purchase something you ought to be able to shake their hand and tell if they are for real. Thank you all and any help post or advice to show the retailer the problem is helpful.

man... thanks for the info, well...... now im having second thoughts about ordering on this website, it has low prices and have all the brands too.

coz i really wanna save up on my system. since Australia dont have onlinecarstereo.com, cbrstereo.com, thezeb.com ETC. (and they dont ship outside US) buying from a audio shop will cost me 4x the factory price...

(for example.. a product costs US$50, it should be AUD$100 since the rate is US$1=AUD$2. but they still double it which will cost me AUD$200.... and thats bull****)

so here's the website... http://australia.woofersetc.com/

its says it ships in australia but its based in LA. im really confused about this one...i dont know if i can trust the company.

help!

Originally posted by m83x man... thanks for the info, well...... now im having second thoughts about ordering on this website, it has low prices and have all the brands too.

coz i really wanna save up on my system. since Australia dont have onlinecarstereo.com, cbrstereo.com, thezeb.com ETC. (and they dont ship outside US) buying from a audio shop will cost me 4x the factory price...

(for example.. a product costs US$50, it should be AUD$100 since the rate is US$1=AUD$2. but they still double it which will cost me AUD$200.... and thats bull****)

so here's the website... http://australia.woofersetc.com/

its says it ships in australia but its based in LA. im really confused about this one...i dont know if i can trust the company.

help!
This is the same company that is http://www.woofersetc.com- I have had no real issues with them. Thier shipping time has been known to be a bit longer than it should be, however, they usually try to make up for any problems that may arise.

I would say that this site would be a safe one for you.

If you still have a concern, you may wish to talk to the Owner of the Site- he can be contacted here: andrew@woofersetc.com

take it easy,

-zane

I think that it is a good idea to send this thread to the company that ripped you off. Let them know that "we" the consumer, won't put up with their bs. You obviously know what you are talking about, and the simple fact is whatever problem your having they should at least address it and make the customer happy. It's ashame that some companys would rather place the blame on the customer, instead of assuming that maybe their product had some sort of defect. 100% of business is listening to the customer, and I have never seen a business succeed, where they totally disregard customers. Because I know for one, I will not buy from a company that has a bad reputation, no matter how cheap they are. It just isn't worth the hassle. Anyhow, thats just my point of view, I guess it's time to go to sleep. (Usually ramble on when I get tired) those da** overnight hours. Peace & Good Luck

thanks zanE!! i think thats what im gonna do, you've been a big help dude!

to all who have been a victim of these crooks, post your msg!

pfft..(i talk like politician... hehehehe)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

http://www.ikesound.com

or whatever his ebay name is.

They sent me an audiobahn 1251 broken (VCs were rattling), and it looked like it had been dropped. So I called them, and they said it was UPS fault, and that UPS would contact me.

One week later, I called back. They said to forget UPS, and they would ship it tomm (on thursday the 7th), and I can expect it Wednesday.

One week later, on thursday, I call again. turns out the sub was out of stock for the next 2-3 weeks, so I asked em if they had anything comperable. The guy tried to sell me a Kicker Comp 12, and ended up laughing at me.

I told him to give me back my money, he said ok, hold on, and hung up.

I called back, and they reconnected with me, and he said "I told you, we'll send the check today or tomm, thanks" and hung up again.

Low and behold, I did finally get my money yesterday (tues the 19th), but i really wasnt expecting it.

So there ya go...Ikesound.com has good prices, but cust. support will run you ragged.

I had an awkward experience regarding http://www.carmedia1.com. I had ordered some speakers from them, and a lady called my house claiming to be from the site. She said she required me to photocopy my visa, front and back, and sign the paper, and fax it to them. I basically laughed at her and said "okay, I'll get on it" (facetiously) Needless to say, I ended up ordering off of a different site, since Infinity stuff is far too expensive here.

I ordered 2 subs from carstereotime.com. They were on back order for 2 weeks and just came in a couple of days ago. they should be here next week. I let you know how everything turns out.

Jrmax were you the one who ordered the 2 alpine R 12" From there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jrmax

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jrmax
oklahoma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date