Recoing In Progress. Need some assistence.

I should just try and recone my FI and either keep it or sell it for more, lol! Some people make it sound so hard and other make it seem so easy. You think I should try it for 85 dollars shipped?

DO IT!!! It's actually pretty neat to do it. Gives you that feeling of "creation." It really is simple, but I'll admit I was so nervous, I almost said, "Fvck it, I'm sending it off." I didn't want to mess anything up and ruin a great sub. But, well worth the experience to know you can do it again and again if need be.

i have prolly reconed 500+ woofers over the last couple of years. The reason as to why the surround is rasied from the gap, is because the spiders used are semi-cup progressive roll. This raises the triple joint roughly 3/8"-1/2". There are are two options to avoid this. 1, use a flat spider, or 2, use a shallower cone that has been design to fit that basket with that prog. spider. When the surround is raised off the basket, ALWAYS glue the spider first, then work on the surround. Remember though, if the surround is already raised 3/8", it severely decreases forward xmax.

very nice work there.

before you glue the center cap in remove the shim. you could free air it after 6 hours but on low power. give it 24 hours or till morning to wang away.

and i think your terminal post are mounted incorrectly. they should be on the bottom part of the basket. like this

74729684.jpg

Where does everyone get their recones?

I have 2 10" subs I want reconed but shipping them and paying for the reconing is more than what I paid for the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.