Rear View?

Yeah, I know, which was the glue that was already on the mirror, but it didn't work either. The stereo isn't even that loud, so I don't see why nothing is actually working.

mine fell off about 2 days ago i bought this special thing called rear view mirror adhesive. looks just like crazy glue and give u directions so far so good.

They have a glue specifically for that purpose...
Yep.

Rearview Mirror Adhesive

Available at every parts house in the nation so wherever it most convenient to you (Napa, Pep Boys, Checkers, AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc) should have it.

Shoot - even WalMart carries it back in automotive I think...

Yeah, I know, which was the glue that was already on the mirror, but it didn't work either. The stereo isn't even that loud, so I don't see why nothing is actually working.
It probably wasnt glued right in the first place.

They fall off from time to time.

Just buy the adhesive, reglue it, and be sure to give it the time it needs to cure...

Alright, I'll try it. I don't need my rear view, I never use it, anyway. If that doesn't work, I guess I will just go without it. I just don't want my mirror to fall on my hand again.

Alright, I'll try it. I don't need my rear view, I never use it, anyway. If that doesn't work, I guess I will just go without it. I just don't want my mirror to fall on my hand again.
ya it should work fine just give it some time to dry after you put the glue on it and stick it to your windshield, i let mine sit over night the box said a half hour but i did it right before i went to bed and put it up the next morning before i went to work so i gave it about 10 hours to cure before you put the mirror back on and so far so good. mine fell off and was swinging by the wire and hit the window a couple times before i could pull over and disconnect the wire to it.

My truck never had one, most of the military trucks have them removed to reduce glare and give away your pos. (you have any idea how far you can signal w/ a mirror lol), ANYWAY, I was going to order one from GM, but I didn't as I don't miss the thing, infact it really kinda seems to open the view up (or maybe it's just me).

but if you are going to put one back in, get the right adhesive, you can find it at any auto parts store/ auto glass place. ALSO make sure you get some rubbing alcohol or something similar and CLEAN both surfaces (windshield and mirror base) before you try to glue it, the alcohol works best as it evaporates quickly.

I let it cure with the Gorilla glue, with a clamp, for almost 24 hours. It was tight for about a week. I was driving down the road, and came to a light, some person in an old tempo was just blarring unedited to music, to where you could plainly hear anything that was said in the song. I decided to drown it out, and turned up my stereo and as soon as I started turning it down, the mirror smacked my hand, and felt like it had cracked a bone. I couldn't move my hand for almost 3 days. I don't want that to happen again.

My truck never had one, most of the military trucks have them removed to reduce glare and give away your pos. (you have any idea how far you can signal w/ a mirror lol), ANYWAY, I was going to order one from GM, but I didn't as I don't miss the thing, infact it really kinda seems to open the view up (or maybe it's just me).
but if you are going to put one back in, get the right adhesive, you can find it at any auto parts store/ auto glass place. ALSO make sure you get some rubbing alcohol or something similar and CLEAN both surfaces (windshield and mirror base) before you try to glue it, the alcohol works best as it evaporates quickly.
Yeah, I like not having one, but I'm not the only driver of the car. My girl drives it every once in a while, and she needs every mirror she can get (not because she needs to look at herself, she's actually a decent driver). Or else, I wouldn't bother. But, if this window adhesive doesn't work, I'm keeping the thing off.

make sure there is absolutely no glue on the window and go to o'rielleys here in town and get the glue. let it sit without the mirror on and u should be goods

Psshit...

us cool people drill a hole through the windshield and bolt the bish on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.