Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX: ASL & Rear View Camera Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

I have a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX installed in a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI. I previously had it installed in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta before switching it, where it worked completely fine. However, after switching, there have been a couple issues that I have been unable to figure out.

The first issue is that the ASL (Automatic Sound Levelizer) setting is switched to 'OFF,' but it still acts as if it is on regardless of what level it is set to. I have tried disconnecting the speed module, but to no avail.

Secondly, I have a rear license plate backup camera (generic, no specific brand name, only lists a model number which is "PC-US-TRIR0709042") that does not work while in reverse, but instead displays a black screen with the backup guides on the screen. The odd part is that when the engine is off but the car is in auxiliary/accessory mode, the reverse camera works, but when it is actually needed (engine on), it does not.

I want to reiterate that both of these issues were nonexistent on the old vehicle and they are the same parts just taken off. Apologies for not being able to provide the brand name of the backup camera, it came in a plain white box with no branding.

Thank you very much for any and all help. I am scratching my head as to why these are causing me issues, as well as the mechanics and car audio installers, as they have worked with this head unit many times. I do not know the exact details regarding what the engineers have done to try and fix these issues.

If there is any additional information you need or questions you have, please let me know. Thank you again!

At this point, I would buy another camera, make sure the backup camera power cable is attached to the backup circuit (I attached mines to the power wiring at the backup light), and make sure that the video cable going into the head unit from the camera is secure. If this fails, then the issue may be internal to the head unit. Just my thoughts.

At this point, I would buy another camera, make sure the backup camera power cable is attached to the backup circuit (I attached mines to the power wiring at the backup light), and make sure that the video cable going into the head unit from the camera is secure. If this fails, then the issue may be internal to the head unit. Just my thoughts.
Thank you so much. I'll definitely give the wiring a go and see if that fixes it, if not then I'll try a new backup camera. Hopefully the head unit isn't the issue but it's always a possibility.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix the ASL?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...