HELP! NEED CLARITY ON USING REAR CHANNELS OF SONY XMN1004 AMPLIFIER

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aryan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Fellas i am currently running a steg leo 650c component on front and a pioneer A1670f coaxial at the rear, my amplifier is a sony Xmn1004 which is a 70W RMS * 4 channel amp. 175W*2 bridge mode for subwoofer

Since this amp has only LPF/HPF SETTINGS for the front and the rear channel only has the LPF ON/OFF setting i am assuming that it only supports 2 speakers on the front channel and rear is for the subwoofer exclusively, i am not sure about it, is it the case?
pic of amp attached below

I do have a 325W RMS JBL SUBWOOFER so if that is the case i believe its better to hook that up to this rear channel and run the pioneer coaxials on stereo directly?

Drop your advice guys!
i am very dissatisfied with the way the rear coaxials sound while the front sound clean and nice
I know partly it could be because the rear coaxials are cheaper and coaxials on their own sound bad but i believe they sound both bad and low in terms of volume just like it is not meant to be used with the amp, & the speaker is not blown I checked that as well, the wiring is also good.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    666.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    799.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 13199ED7-F3E0-428F-A7CB-5C626F2D3D97.mov
    22.3 MB
Last edited:
My recommendation from the other thread is even more valid after watching the video. Speakers behind you and mounted that low are never going to sound good to the front seat passengers. I would connect them to the headunit and then probably fade them down even more. The car will probably sound the best ( to the front seat passengers) with those speakers completely off.
My old car was setup similarly to yours. I drove around alone with the rear speakers off, and would turn them on in the headunit when I had rear seat passengers.

My recommendation from the other thread is even more valid after watching the video. Speakers behind you and mounted that low are never going to sound good to the front seat passengers. I would connect them to the headunit and then probably fade them down even more. The car will probably sound the best ( to the front seat passengers) with those speakers completely off.
My old car was setup similarly to yours. I drove around alone with the rear speakers off, and would turn them on in the headunit when I had rear seat passengers.
Very helpful indeed! Senior🫡

I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones if I do not solder and in-line cap.. but these should work just fine as well, and should be easy to install. Arrow (>>>) goes towards the speaker on + speaker wire. Easy enough to add at the amplifier instead of pulling the door panel back off

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...