rear fill, a bad thing or a great way to enhance mid bass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Since it was my thread, I'll try to summarize it... Its because the channels fight each out her and cancel out imaging. I did some research in other areas and it said running a pair of coxials really quite might help. I'm going to try it with quite rears and without, and see what I like better.

e5f824619315a8dd5d20a611596c9922.png

a7a9f_ORIG-spiderman_wtf_am_i_reading.jpg

it's time to stop posting new threads, OP.

Let me guess, you were spoon fed from diapers till high school.... another one of these new thread spammers with basic questions that have the same answers all over the worldwide web. We are here help on things you are really stuck at after you doing your own research, not spoonfeed you all the way through.

there are some excellent threads on the subject, but most are very long and difficult to navigate for useful info.

typical answer: they are aimed wrong, lack L/R separation, and if you listen to just rears you can hear how different they sound compared to just front. if you could get the two to sound equal (i.e. processing), they can increase volume a bit.

if you have money for four sets of speakers, spend that amount on just the two fronts and you're better off.

some people like sound everywhere in a car and prefer rears. it's your system so do whatever you want.

many people comment based on what competitors try to do - which is a good front sound stage. if you have a lot of processing, you can make rears work.

if you have kids and want the ability to fade to rear so you and the spouse can talk, rears are a necessity. you can use the fader to switch between "modes"

what was done in the past with rear 6x9 was driven by manufacturers space allocation. the 6x9 was the woofer in the system. once you add a sub you no longer need the rear woofers (and rear deck speakers should be removed or sealed off with trunk subs anyway). rear door speakers follow different rules given their location.

now we prefer to get the front speakers to be capable of producing midbass.

Let me guess, you were spoon fed from diapers till high school.... another one of these new thread spammers with basic questions that have the same answers all over the worldwide web. We are here help on things you are really stuck at after you doing your own research, not spoonfeed you all the way through.
Sorry. I didnt do the proper research and i realize that now. You live and learn.

there are some excellent threads on the subject, but most are very long and difficult to navigate for useful info.
typical answer: they are aimed wrong, lack L/R separation, and if you listen to just rears you can hear how different they sound compared to just front. if you could get the two to sound equal (i.e. processing), they can increase volume a bit.

if you have money for four sets of speakers, spend that amount on just the two fronts and you're better off.

some people like sound everywhere in a car and prefer rears. it's your system so do whatever you want.

many people comment based on what competitors try to do - which is a good front sound stage. if you have a lot of processing, you can make rears work.

if you have kids and want the ability to fade to rear so you and the spouse can talk, rears are a necessity. you can use the fader to switch between "modes"

what was done in the past with rear 6x9 was driven by manufacturers space allocation. the 6x9 was the woofer in the system. once you add a sub you no longer need the rear woofers (and rear deck speakers should be removed or sealed off with trunk subs anyway). rear door speakers follow different rules given their location.

now we prefer to get the front speakers to be capable of producing midbass.
Thanks for that. I think i will like the front and rear most. I have people in the back seats often so it would make better sense for me to have the sound coming from both front and back. e

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.