Component Sets and Rear fill

EmpiricalApe

CarAudio.com Regular
I need recommendations on SQ oriented 6.5" and 0.75" component set and some 5.25" rear fill speakers. I have my sub attenuated at 80hz. Ideally, loud enough to keep up with a 1500w sub. I'd prefer to spend under $400-500. I will be amplifying them. I'm lost as to what I want to use so anything would be a great help.

A 18-20mm tweeter is the difficult part.

JBL and infinity have a few options granted they will likely be light on the lower midbass.

Rearfill personally I don't do as to be done right they need to be cuts quite a bit output wise and time aligned which adds more complexity. But if you are just looking for output and 5.25 coaxial will work.

Audio frog makes a gs10 that should fit the tweeter option but it's likely too expensive. The gs65 and stereo integrity tm65mkiv pair nicely but again quite expensive and no crossover boxes which increases complexity.

In this case I really think crutchfield.com is a good place to do some research if not buy

A 18-20mm tweeter is the difficult part.

JBL and infinity have a few options granted they will likely be light on the lower midbass.

Rearfill personally I don't do as to be done right they need to be cuts quite a bit output wise and time aligned which adds more complexity. But if you are just looking for output and 5.25 coaxial will work.

Audio frog makes a gs10 that should fit the tweeter option but it's likely too expensive. The gs65 and stereo integrity tm65mkiv pair nicely but again quite expensive and no crossover boxes which increases complexity.

In this case I really think crutchfield.com is a good place to do some research if not buy
I was thinking about going with the infinity component set up front, I forgot what series exactly but they were like $160. As far as rear speakers, it's difficult enough to find a 0.75" tweeter, let alone the 5.25 and 0.75 components. Just need something that matches well with the front speakers. I've also done a lot of looking on Crutchfield, but most speaker specs are very similar so I was seeking some experienced input.

Most people just run the rears off the head unit and use coaxials or something cheap just to fill in for passengers. So the 4 channel amp can run the front components.

What vehicle, year and exact model would help out as well for recommendations. Also check out Stevens Audio on facebook he does 5.25" iirc and smaller tweeters. And they run about 200 a pair for the midbass and another 80-100 for tweeters.

Most people just run the rears off the head unit and use coaxials or something cheap just to fill in for passengers. So the 4 channel amp can run the front components.

What vehicle, year and exact model would help out as well for recommendations. Also check out Stevens Audio on facebook he does 5.25" iirc and smaller tweeters. And they run about 200 a pair for the midbass and another 80-100 for tweeters.
I have a 2002 Saturn L200 with the uplevel audio lol. I was thinking about going with Steven's Audio so I talked to the owner, Eric, recently and he said they did not have any 5.25" speakers, unless "iirc" is something different. Are rear speakers really that insignificant?

iirc is if i remember correctly. I knew he had some at one time maybe he stopped making them. Personally I just run my rears off the head unit for the rare times a person sits in back. Stevens Audio does really nice stuff a lot of people use them in builds and the pricing isn't bad. He has been known in the car audio world for a very long time as he used to design for other companies at one point before just starting his own up.

I have a 2002 Saturn L200 with the uplevel audio lol. I was thinking about going with Steven's Audio so I talked to the owner, Eric, recently and he said they did not have any 5.25" speakers, unless "iirc" is something different. Are

iirc is if i remember correctly. I knew he had some at one time maybe he stopped making them. Personally I just run my rears off the head unit for the rare times a person sits in back. Stevens Audio does really nice stuff a lot of people use them in builds and the pricing isn't bad. He has been known in the car audio world for a very long time as he used to design for other companies at one point before just starting his own up.
I forgot when I spoke with him he also said they're 6.5s measure larger than others, j believe he said it was around 6.8". Do you think I'd have any issue putting those in? Also 2 more things. I can't find where to view his products anymore, the website linked on FB is inactive. A couple weeks ago when I was able to use the website, there were 2 midrange 6.5s, one black and one white. Do you know of the differences between the two if any?

I need recommendations on SQ oriented 6.5" and 0.75" component set and some 5.25" rear fill speakers. I have my sub attenuated at 80hz. Ideally, loud enough to keep up with a 1500w sub. I'd prefer to spend under $400-500. I will be amplifying them. I'm lost as to what I want to use so anything would be a great help.
Alpine type X are amazing components I have them and love them pushing them on a audiofrog 150

i wouldnt run rears. id get a good set of comps up front, deaden your doors and a good amp. take out any rear deck speakers, to let the bass from your sub vent into the cabin, and call it good

these have 3/4" tweets...

Last edited:
Just about anything will be "light on the lower midbass" if you cannot build a tight and rigid sealed enclosure behind it or brute force the issue with a shitload of cone area. I also very much like the Harmon International lineup though.

I would NOT put anything in the rear, but you can do as you like. IMO beyond the 250$ price point on a set of components you're getting very diminishing returns and your performance per dollar ratio is going to be better served by improving mounting locations and buying DSP.

Last edited:
Question for you veterans as I think it will add to the equation for the OP and myself, would you not run a rear setup in any vehicle
Just about anything will be "light on the lower midbass" if you cannot build a tight and rigid sealed enclosure behind it or brute force the issue with a shitload of cone area. I also very much like the Harmon International lineup though.

I would NOT put anything in the rear, but you can do as you like. IMO beyond the 250$ price point on a set of components you're getting very diminishing returns and your performance per dollar ratio is going to be better served by improving mounting locations and buying DSP.

what

What do you think about Infinity Reference REF-6530cx for up front?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...