Component Sets and Rear fill

Question for you veterans as I think it will add to the equation for the OP and myself, would you not run a rear setup in any vehicle?
I would and do even on amplified power of 50 watts or less for passengers. It gives me a surround sound affect. Each to theyre own of course. if running rear deck speakers, I highly recommend them being sealed off from any Sub freq. /air movement caused by the subs as the cones will get pushed to the max and eventually become damaged.

Generally speaking, a 250$ set of components +250$ worth of sound deadening and sealing the doors or 250$ spent in some custom kick panel mounting locations will sound better than 500$ component set dumped into the factory location.

That Infinity component you linked is comparable to JBL Club series which should perform great, though I just noticed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 is almost half off (350$) over to crutchfield right now which is a smoking deal on those.

JBL club series have silk tweeters while the Infinity reference have textile. I have the Infinity set and like them. I wish they had an enhanced version like the 605csq but don’t. I like Alpine but got expensive recently. No more X series last I checked

Generally speaking, a 250$ set of components +250$ worth of sound deadening and sealing the doors or 250$ spent in some custom kick panel mounting locations will sound better than 500$ component set dumped into the factory location.

That Infinity component you linked is comparable to JBL Club series which should perform great, though I just noticed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 is almost half off (350$) over to crutchfield right now which is a smoking deal on those.
Crutchfield has some smoking good deals sometimes, and the best customer service I have ever seen.

Is .75" the max OD? There is no modifying it or is that the size that was listed on paper for the current tweeter? Have you gone in with calipers and measured the ID?

I think Focal offers a .75" tweeter. One of the TN-4* somethings. If they do, its most likely paired with a 6.5".

Is $400-$500, $500 the max the budget for everything? Is that amp too?

80hz seems really high.

Is .75" the max OD? There is no modifying it or is that the size that was listed on paper for the current tweeter? Have you gone in with calipers and measured the ID?

I think Focal offers a .75" tweeter. One of the TN-4* somethings. If they do, its most likely paired with a 6.5".

Is $400-$500, $500 the max the budget for everything? Is that amp too?

80hz seems really high.
0.75 is the size of the factory tweeters in the upper door panel. I haven't explored it too thoroughly, but from what I have seen it doesn't look like much else could fit in there and I'm trying not to modify too much. 400-500 was the max without the amp. Yes 80hz is a tad high, but I got a good deal on a Sundown SFB 3K, and 80hz is the lowest cutoff point, but I may change sub amps soon.

The c2-650 component speakers are really good sounding when they're powered properly and you'll be more than happy if you get those. I love JL stuff but they are definitely not a bang for your buck brand lol.

The c2-650 component speakers are really good sounding when they're powered properly and you'll be more than happy if you get those. I love JL stuff but they are definitely not a bang for your buck brand lol.
I ended up going with the Infinity Reference 6.5 component set up front, and polk audio dB 522 coaxial set in the rear. All of them powered by a Infinity Refrence 3004A 4 channel amp...as well as 30sqft of second skin deadening for the doors.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...