Phone/aux jack compatibility problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bassbuddy25

Folks - I 'm having a weird issue that hopefully someone can explain, a real "ghost in the system"scenario.

I just bought a new Blu Android phone, and every time I try to play it through the aux input (3.5mm stereo) on my Pioneer head unit I get horrible hiss and distortion. If I pull the jack out of the phone just a bit, it sometimes clears up, but if it's firmly seated I have problems.

This problem arises ONLY with my car stereo - every other application works fine: using headphones, plugging it into the aux jack on my Bose Soundlink, plugging in my computer speakers, etc.

No other player causes problems in my car (other phones, iPods, etc.) and I've tried multiple cables all with the same result.

I called Blu and they say it must be that the phone is not "compatible" with the stereo. That doesn't seem possible to me.

Ideas anyone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.