Head unit and rear fill speaker recomendation 2013 Nissan Sentra

deanster

CarAudio.com Newbie
OmaHaHa
Upgrading my factory system, 2013 Nisan Sentra.
suggestions for rear fill speakers, that be a good match.
and a head unit with CD capability, that includes a playable thumb drive input, and has an built in app for apple music iTunes.
Below is what I am considering for front speakers, amplification, and sub.

Alpine S-A55V
S-Series 5-channel car amplifier — 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Focal Performance 165AS
Access Series 6-1/2" 2-way component speaker system

JL Audio CP110-W0v3
BassWedge™ slot-ported enclosure with one 10" W0v3 subwoofer

Imho
Get two ways that fit the rear.
The 300 5th ch will be almost perfect for the 300 they say the jl should have.
IMO 300 Watts in the trunk may be insufficient; especially from a single 10. I have always had issues getting clean bass from a trunk mount system. It has always had to be loud and boomy because seamless blending with the front stage always eluded me.

You can put more into those focals that 40w each. If that's all you want, (and I think you just wanted to find a 5ch amp that fit close enough), then why not just get a head unit that will play those at 40w per ch, and just get a small 1ch amp for the sub only?

Is that a SVC 4ohm sub? Then you want a 4 ohm capable amp.

If you look at focals page here: https://www.focal.com/sites/www.foc...ument/catalogue_fromcartoboat_2023_en_k2m.pdf

You will see these polyglass focal speakers are a better speaker, and for what should be cheaper. (I recommend woofersetc all the time. I swear I don't work there or get sponsored by them).

There should definitely be some people on here with experience with sundown, but here is a great price on of there 5 ch amps that will work perfect for these speakers and that sub.

https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-ampl...5-channel-full-range-class-a-b-amplifier.html.

Those two items would be better matched then what you have, better speakers, (not sure about the amp), and would save you a little money.

You can put more into those focals that 40w each. If that's all you want, (and I think you just wanted to find a 5ch amp that fit close enough), then why not just get a head unit that will play those at 40w per ch, and just get a small 1ch amp for the sub only?

Is that a SVC 4ohm sub? Then you want a 4 ohm capable amp.

If you look at focals page here: https://www.focal.com/sites/www.foc...ument/catalogue_fromcartoboat_2023_en_k2m.pdf

You will see these polyglass focal speakers are a better speaker, and for what should be cheaper. (I recommend woofersetc all the time. I swear I don't work there or get sponsored by them).

There should definitely be some people on here with experience with sundown, but here is a great price on of there 5 ch amps that will work perfect for these speakers and that sub.

https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-ampl...5-channel-full-range-class-a-b-amplifier.html.

Those two items would be better matched then what you have, better speakers, (not sure about the amp), and would save you a little money.
I like those Sundown specs!

Upgrading my factory system, 2013 Nisan Sentra.
suggestions for rear fill speakers, that be a good match.
and a head unit with CD capability, that includes a playable thumb drive input, and has an built in app for apple music iTunes.
Below is what I am considering for front speakers, amplification, and sub.

Alpine S-A55V
S-Series 5-channel car amplifier — 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Focal Performance 165AS
Access Series 6-1/2" 2-way component speaker system

JL Audio CP110-W0v3
BassWedge™ slot-ported enclosure with one 10" W0v3 subwoofer
Doesnt sound like you are trying to be heard down the block or two but rather just trying to get a little more sound in the vehicle is why Ive mentioned what I have and have used with exception of the new 5 ch amp that CT has come out with. But I do have and run other CT amps and havent had any issues and work very nicely for the coin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...