Rattling Problems, Can Anyone Help??

THE_BASS_BOSS
10+ year member

Tx.
Ok, I have a 1971 chevy pickup and i recently put some 6 1/2" JDLX Component speakers in my doors. Of course i had to cut a whole in my door, but when i turn the stereo on all my doors do is rattle, I know its an old truck and it is going to rattle, but i don't think it's supposed to rattle this much. Anyway i've tried calking my doors in just about every corner i can get to, but they still do it and i was wondering if there is anything i can do to make them stop or at least quiet down. Let me know thanks!!

i just lined my doors yesterday. i used asphault sheets (the stuff they roll down underneeth shingles for roofing) and 3M perm. spray adheasive. this is in a '95 camry. it gets a bit messy, but it worked like a charm. ive heard some people say that they smell the sheets on real hot days, but it was in the mid 80's yesterday and all i smelled was the adheasive. and i didnt smell anything this morning. the roll of asphault only cost like $20.00 for like 150' at home depot. its a cheep alternative to dynamatt, rammat, v-block.....

hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.