RAAMmat honest opinions and experiences.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes.

Comparatively, no.

Coverage/$ is great. Performance/$ is meh. Quality/$ is not so good.

Roakill has a 4 mill foil layer, BXT has a 2 mill layer. If you're buying CLD (constrained layer damping) mat you can get away with so-so adhesive but that constraining layer can make or break the product IMHO.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Careful what you buy, you just might get what you pay for! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Yes.

Comparatively, no.

Coverage/$ is great. Performance/$ is meh. Quality/$ is not so good.

Roakill has a 4 mill foil layer, BXT has a 2 mill layer. If you're buying CLD (constrained layer damping) mat you can get away with so-so adhesive but that constraining layer can make or break the product IMHO.

Careful what you buy, you just might get what you pay for! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Yeah I pretty much figured! Lol! Ill just spend the money so I don't have to worry about anything. I appreciate the honesty!

i liked using it, used about 60ft in my bug. Applied well and and seemed better quality than the edead i used also in the bug

i used 500sq feet of it in my van.2 years in temps from freezing to 120+ and it still won't come off.it's all i will use & recommend it without reservation.

i have about 30 sq feet of it in each of my doors and i like the product but probably plan to use damplifier in the rest of my car.

would i suggest it? Yeah especially for the price\

would i use it again? Sure

what would i like to change about it? Like mentioned above, i would like to see it come in sheets instead of rolls and would like the wrinkles to go away

value is a pretty defined word. Not much interpretation there. It is the best product per price you pay. Not saying your product isn't superior because it obviously is, but it is out of the budget of most

value is a pretty defined word. Not much interpretation there. It is the best product per price you pay. Not saying your product isn't superior because it obviously is, but it is out of the budget of most
When it comes to sound deadening, there are 2 popular ways to define value, both of which have already been mentioned in this thread.

1. Value = Price devided by square foot

2. Value = Price devided by performance per sq feet

So if:

product X is $2.00 psf

Product Y is $2.50 psf

That means that product X is a better value when defined purely in terms of square footage.

When it comes to performance however, if you need 2 layers of product X to get the same performance as product Y, then clearly product Y is the better value.

or

Lets say you have an area of 50 sq feet to cover in your car:

Consider that:

$100 worth of product X might get you 50 sq feet

$100 worth of product Y might get you 40 sq feet

Spread the 40 feet of product Y over the 50 sq foot area and you get almost twice as good results compared to covering all 50 square feet with 50 sq feet of product. The value of sq footage goes down quite a bit for product X as you can see.

If your goal is to simply cover every sq foot of your cars interior with a product, regardless of how well it performs, then clearly the cheaper product X is the way to go, but since the reason we use a vibration damper in a car is to kill vibrations, not purely for cosmetic reason, then it makes no sence to use the square foot metric as a meaningful definition of value, and product Y is the clear winner!

So if budget is a conser, it make more sence to use less of a superior product then more of a substandard one to accomplish your goals.

If you are unable to get over the myth that you have to cover 100% of the panel to get good results, and care not about the performance you get from your vibration mat, why not use paper mache' or duct tape? Per square foot that stuff is cheap as it gets and for the money you would spend on a real vibration damper, you can do 20 layers!

Make sense?

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.