QUESTIONS ON AMP AND SUBS

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
I am building my truck to compete again, i have 08 F150 4 door, pulling back seat out.  The size i have for a box is 58" L X 36"H X 33"W, my question is which should i go with, Ampere Audio AA-5000.1D on 2 18" Incriminator Audio Judge or Orion 8000.1D on 2 15" HCCA????????  I am upgrading alt, changing batt under hood and adding 2 batts in the back.  Technically im doing BIG 3

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
I am building my truck to compete again, i have 08 F150 4 door, pulling back seat out.  The size i have for a box is 58" L X 36"H X 33"W, my question is which should i go with, Ampere Audio AA-5000.1D on 2 18" Incriminator Audio Judge or Orion 8000.1D on 2 15" HCCA????????  I am upgrading alt, changing batt under hood and adding 2 batts in the back.  Technically im doing BIG 3
youll definitely need to do at least the big 3 with what youre wanting to do. The orion amps are bad ass but the subs are laughable in comparison. With those goals, youre either going to want to get some group 31 or group 34 agm batteries and about 3 runs of 0 gauge to the cabin. Of course, youre also going to want to do several grounds of the same electrical capability to keep up with the + draw. Are you wanting to do a wall? 4th order bandpass i imagine. The FI btl neos would be better subs for effectively removing your windshield if thats what youre after

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
I do not want to do a wall!!! What is a 4th order band pass box?

i never heard of those subs, what are they??

yes I am doing all the upgrade wire, positive and ground, 3 batteries total

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018

Is there another amp sub combo anyone can suggest??

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth

how are you planning on doing 18"s and provide them enough airspace without doing a wall? even a sealed box for these things is huge much less a ported one

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
If my calculations are correct 58” L by 36” H by 33W =39 cubic ft is that not big enough for 2 18”??

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
Bump. Inquiring minds want to know?

I'd try to help you out op but I just found out what Winisd and box calculators are last week. I couldn't even visualize it. 

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
If my calculations are correct 58” L by 36” H by 33W =39 cubic ft is that not big enough for 2 18”??
thats 34.157 sq/ft. total sealed area taking into consideration 1" wood thickness assuming those measurements are external dimensions. total internal volume. this isnt taking into consideration the displacement of the driver or the port. also assuming youre going with a ported box

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
Yes that is correct, I am going ported.

i am still learning what box size I need for subs, I could drop down to 2 15” in the same size box if that works better? 

I have 34 sq/ft of box I can use, I would like to know if it’s possible with 18” or need to drop to 15”???

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
Yes that is correct, I am going ported.

i am still learning what box size I need for subs, I could drop down to 2 15” in the same size box if that works better? 

I have 34 sq/ft of box I can use, I would like to know if it’s possible with 18” or need to drop to 15”???
its possible depending on what tuning youre after

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
yeah, i believe that you should be able to get away with that. my initial reaction was due to it not seeming like there would be enough room for your batteries, amps and so forth if youre staying with that box height. subs firing up and port forward, i assume?

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
My batteries will go in bed, I can build it that way or subs facing up and port. 

If you have another idea I’m open to it, I’m still learning.

thank you for all the help

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
I think you guys need to pump the brakes on the enclosure and figure out where the rest of the equipment is going to go and what the electrical system can sustain. Once that is figured out, THEN see how much space is left for the enclosure, allowing for proper airflow and loading.

You dont just build a box because you have x amount of space available. A build this big needs considerable planning. 

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for the feed back, I’m upgrading alt, changing battery under hood, adding two batteries in back that are going in the bed, I am running all the nessasary runs of 1/0 from alt to all batteries. I’m installing many fuse holders. My 4 channel and mono block amps will be behind the front seats. I think I have thought of everything. I have it all drawn out and most of it is ordered already

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I think I have thought of everything. I have it all drawn out and most of it is ordered already
And your asking if you can fit 2 18's in 30ft3+?

Jeez... sounds like you have it all planned out to me

That's under 13ft3 externally below... and 8ft3 net, I think you got the space issue covered unless your measurements are off

Sounds like you got space to overbuild the thing and really make a killer built enclosure (double walled with lots of bracing)... but what do I know?

What equipment did you settle on purchasing btw?

Last edited by a moderator:

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
I think you guys need to pump the brakes on the enclosure and figure out where the rest of the equipment is going to go and what the electrical system can sustain. Once that is figured out, THEN see how much space is left for the enclosure, allowing for proper airflow and loading.

You dont just build a box because you have x amount of space available. A build this big needs considerable planning. 
this is why i was concerned about the space for 18"s

its funny on some posts i get ragged on for providing information in excess, then on other posts i get ragged on for not providing enough. not saying that youre doing the ragging. that would be done by the smartass who is saying "but, what do i know?" as seen below your post. him and the big rig driver have been moaning and complaining every day for the last week... and im not trying to drag you into this either

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 5, 2018
I’m just grateful for your advice. Thank you

i have the electrical part figured out but one detail, do I run 1/0 from alt to under hood battery AND to secondary batteries or from alt to front battery then front battery to back batteries?

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
I’m just grateful for your advice. Thank you

i have the electrical part figured out but one detail, do I run 1/0 from alt to under hood battery AND to secondary batteries or from alt to front battery then front battery to back batteries?
you should. its all one circuit connecting to the common ground being the chassis of the vehicle itself

and i apologize that your thread got muddy with personal indifferences

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
 the big rig driver have been moaning and complaining every day for the last week... 
At least I didn't call you a f*g.. why didn't you bring him up or the other guy that's been  "ragging"on you this last week or are you loosing track?

Way I see it you brought it on yourself and no one is moaning  but you.