Questions about wiring

Haha I still have another question! This is getting easier to understand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You say "Don't replace the factory, add to it", so if a wire is going from my alt to my batt+... I need to get a terminal and ADD the wiring and clamp it on the alt and make it go all the way to the batt+ too, so the factory one is still there and the new one is ALSO connected on it?

Haha I still have another question! This is getting easier to understand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You say "Don't replace the factory, add to it", so if a wire is going from my alt to my batt+... I need to get a terminal and ADD the wiring and clamp it on the alt and make it go all the way to the batt+ too, so the factory one is still there and the new one is ALSO connected on it?
yes

just bolt your new wire to the same bolt on the alt leave all the factory wires alone

just run the new wires over the old. if you remove the old wiring weird things can happen. just easier to leave the factory alone

I see! Thank you very much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess since my 4Gauge kit *****, nobody here is going to want to buy it for the price I paid for it heh? Lol. Something like 70$ I think... Fail lol.

I'll get the wiring kit you proposed it seems like a perfect fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for all these infos. I'll post all the other questions I had for further information, feel free to answer or let other people answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1- Is this combination of block+voltmeter a good thing if you put aside the fact that the voltmeter won't be on the dash? I'll do extensive voltage testing before running the car out of my driveway. Or do you think I should always have a voltmeter on my dash, and why?

2- Do I need this pack of 4-Gauge triple-gold-plated thing I linked, or I can easily manage with some good 1/0 Gauge wiring and the distro block I listed above, or another?

THIS HAS BEEN ANSWERED //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3- I live in Canada. Where is the best place I can get some good 1/0 Gauge wiring? What are some good brands, whats the difference between the brands?

THIS HAS BEEN ANSWERED //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4- Can I have a brief explanation of the setup? What I understand is that my DEKA secondary battery will be in my trunk. I'll be passing the 1/0 Gauge wiring from the battery in the front to the battery in the back, and from the battery in the back to the distro block which seperates into 2 different feeds for my 2 amps.

HAS BEEN ANSWERED BUT ANY FURTHER INFORMATION OR PICTURES ARE WELCOME

5- My first amp is 1600 rms, my second one is 440 rms. Do I need to use different wiring?

HAS BEEN ANSWERED //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

6- Where can I get a Deka Battery 105ah Intimidator in Canada?

1- Is this combination of block+voltmeter a good thing if you put aside the fact that the voltmeter won't be on the dash? I'll do extensive voltage testing before running the car out of my driveway. Or do you think I should always have a voltmeter on my dash, and why?

this isnt needed but is good to have personal choice

2- Where can I get a Deka Battery 105ah Intimidator in Canada?

couple thousand miles away here i cant help. it doesnt have to be a deka, dekas are cheap around here and do good for the money. kinetic, oddessy, stinger, northstar, xs power or even the sears diehard platinums do good.

a secondary batt can help alot but you still need to maintain its charge which if you arent really hard on you system you prolly dont have to worry but if you seriously wang on your system a high output alt might be needed.

So it doesn't really matter if I don't have the voltage meter on my dash at all times?

And also,I know it doesn't have to be DEKA's I just liked what I read about them haha. So, do you know of any canadian website or seller that would have any of your mentioned models somewhere that wouldn't cost me a billion in shipping and handling? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So it doesn't really matter if I don't have the voltage meter on my dash at all times?nope

And also,I know it doesn't have to be DEKA's I just liked what I read about them haha. So, do you know of any canadian website or seller that would have any of your mentioned models somewhere that wouldn't cost me a billion in shipping and handling? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
idk google them and email the company about local dealers.

guys in here sell them for cheap idk how much shipping is kinda never had to ship cross borders

So it doesn't really matter if I don't have the voltage meter on my dash at all times?
It's up to you to have the voltmeter in the front. You can even hide it next to the seat as long as it's accessible. Your voltage will drop when the bass hits and you want to measure the voltage as close to the amp as possible. I don't know about you but I don't want to blast my music with the trunk/hatch open all the time just to see where my voltage is at... Then again, you may not even need one so just get the $15.00 stinger distro and be done with it. (Or get that Knu kit winky linked you to). Again, it's just good to have one hooked up... Not needed but good. It's only 25 bucks and is easy to hookup.

That Stinger piece of garbage is just way too overpriced for what it is. I know you may think it looks cool but they rape you with profit. The distro normally goes for 15 bucks and they put a digital display on the same thing and add 40-50 onto it? C'mon now...

Do some searching... All the answers to your questions are in these threads.

I must agree with you, I'll probably get a very simple voltmeter and stick it on the dash and make sur it's visible! I'll probably be getting that wiring kit that includes a distro anyways, so my questions is answered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I won't be getting that "stinger piece of garbage" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Thanks!

I must agree with you, I'll probably get a very simple voltmeter and stick it on the dash and make sur it's visible! I'll probably be getting that wiring kit that includes a distro anyways, so my questions is answered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I won't be getting that "stinger piece of garbage" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Thanks!
Yeah that kit is top notch **** right there... Can't beat Knu.

I'm running 4 channels for the speakers and two subs. I'm not so sure how to wire the stuff, though.

My amp is a mono amp, but I have 2 subs. How do I go about wiring that?

Also, I will look at the Sears Diehard battery thank you!

Bump for glory.

"I'm running 4 channels for the speakers and two subs. I'm not so sure how to wire the stuff, though.

My amp is a mono amp, but I have 2 subs. How do I go about wiring that?"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.