Questions about wiring

Sebaslegrand
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yes, I was a noob and bought something right off the bat when a seller told me it was good.

Now, back to the present where I actually check stuff out before I buy them...

Is this any good, and why? (Or why not?)

51XvZm8p%2BKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, had a couple questions about wiring while being on the topic.

I have 2 amplifiers, One of them being the Soundstream RUB1.1600D for my Twin Skar Audio VVX-10's DV4, and the other being the Soundstream Tarantula TX4.440 for the speaker front stage. I know a lot of people told me the tarantula amp ******, alright, whatever, but I'm not selling it. So.

What wiring kits do I need for both amps? I already have the one pictured above. I use this one for the speaker amp, the Tarantula, right?

And so, what do you guys recommend for my Sub amp ? Is it 0 Gauge? What brand, make, any links to a good deal?

Thanks!

P.S: Keep in mind I live in Canada, and canadian sellers are preferred!

That one is pretty much useless unless you use that wire for the 4 channel amp... Order 1/0 wire and run it to a distro then cut that wire down and run it from the distro to your amps... If you keep it short it will probably be enough for each of your amps

That looks like 8 gauge wire in the pic. Lol. Either way, you need larger than 4 gauge. Like Bettr said, a run of 1/0 to a distro with (1) 1/0 in and (2) 4gauge outs for short runs of 4 gauge to the amps should be fine. I don't know if they ship to canada but audiosavings has cadence wire which is pretty nice and its cheap.

That looks like 8 gauge wire in the pic. Lol. Either way, you need larger than 4 gauge. Like Bettr said, a run of 1/0 to a distro with (1) 1/0 in and (2) 4gauge outs for short runs of 4 gauge to the amps should be fine. I don't know if they ship to canada but audiosavings has cadence wire which is pretty nice and its cheap.
Ya it would probably be fine for his system as long as he doesnt step up in power anymore...

with those amplifiers you are looking at 2k watts, I am going to suggest you do some reading on this forum about the Big 3 at the very least, you will also want a new battery under the hood and possibly a new alternator depending oh how much damage this setup does to your electrical system. Just keep in mind that your vehicle does have a limit on what kind of power it can support

Alright, so your suggestions are that I sell this wiring kit, and get one GOOD kit of 1/0 GAUGE and use it for both amps?

Also... CivicGTI :

I'm looking at 2000w, exactly, I did a little reading on the big 3 and made a thread about this before. People suggested that I get a DEKA Battery which I'm going to get. About the alternator, I'll have to check if the battery can't give out enough juice. My stock alternator rating if I recall correctly was 105.

Alright, so your suggestions are that I sell this wiring kit, and get one GOOD kit of 1/0 GAUGE and use it for both amps?
Also... CivicGTI :

I'm looking at 2000w, exactly, I did a little reading on the big 3 and made a thread about this before. People suggested that I get a DEKA Battery which I'm going to get. About the alternator, I'll have to check if the battery can't give out enough juice. My stock alternator rating if I recall correctly was 105.
No who said anything about selling your wiring?

Well considering someone said I could've used only 1/0 gauge for the whole thing... This AK-5000 kit is now useless, so I might as well sell it!

What are your suggestions?

Well considering someone said I could've used only 1/0 gauge for the whole thing... This AK-5000 kit is now useless, so I might as well sell it! What are your suggestions?
I'm currently upgrading my electrical and am in the same boat... As far as wire, check out the wire comparison thread... Very informative and you'll probably want OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) because once you put it in, you'll never have to worry about it. CCA is also fine but not if you jump up to more power... A lot of peeps love the Knu Kolossus wire.

As far as batteries, look at XS, Kinetic and yes the big Deka's. I read good things about those Deka's. I'm going with either one when I find a good price but I'd like an XS D3100 up front and one in the back. I'm looking at 3400 watts at .5 on my amp so I need good electrical but they're a little expensive.

Maybe Bettr or Civic could chime in on an alternator... I'm going with a 250A...

I'm currently upgrading my electrical and am in the same boat... As far as wire, check out the wire comparison thread... Very informative and you'll probably want OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) because once you put it in, you'll never have to worry about it. CCA is also fine but not if you jump up to more power... A lot of peeps love the Knu Kolossus wire.
As far as batteries, look at XS, Kinetic and yes the big Deka's. I read good things about those Deka's. I'm going with either one when I find a good price but I'd like an XS D3100 up front and one in the back. I'm looking at 3400 watts at .5 on my amp so I need good electrical but they're a little expensive.

Maybe Bettr or Civic could chime in on an alternator... I'm going with a 250A...
I checked it vaguely, thanks for the OFC suggestion, I'll surely look into that. The only thing I need to be sure about is how I'm going to wire my stuff, do I need this 4-Gauge wiring I listed above, or can I only get some 1/0 Gauge and use that for everything? I'm confused.

I checked it vaguely, thanks for the OFC suggestion, I'll surely look into that. The only thing I need to be sure about is how I'm going to wire my stuff, do I need this 4-Gauge wiring I listed above, or can I only get some 1/0 Gauge and use that for everything? I'm confused.
Seeing that you're running 2k watts, just run the 0 AWG from the battery back to the rear. From that point you'll have a nice run of electricity to feed your amps. At that point, get a distribution block with one 0 AWG input with your desired outputs and wire up your amps.

You could also use welding cable. Not pretty but cheaper and true copper.

Ok but my battery will be a Deka in my trunk, just next to the amps and the subs... Would that cut down on all the big wiring job? I'm such a newb at this lol.

Can I just get 0 gauge wiring and make it go from my Deka battery to my distro block (that I'm going to need to get, any ideas?) and then get some small 4 gauge wiring from the distro block to the amps?

Ok but my battery will be a Deka in my trunk, just next to the amps and the subs... Would that cut down on all the big wiring job? I'm such a newb at this lol.Can I just get 0 gauge wiring and make it go from my Deka battery to my distro block (that I'm going to need to get, any ideas?) and then get some small 4 gauge wiring from the distro block to the amps?
I know exactly what you're trying to say... Just run the 0 gauge from your front battery to your rear battery (fused of course). From that battery, you'll wire from your distro.

There is great info on here as to why you want to feed your electrical system well. Don't skimp on the electrical... Just browse through the electrical forums and you'll see that guys like bettr, civic, mitch, taylorfade, mylows, etc already answered a lot of the questions you have.

Gotta feed the amps because they fail when the voltage drops...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.