Q: Best highest performing 5.25" round speakers

why don't you just buy some dampening material and fill in the gaps around the driver to isolate the rear wave from the front wave also use some adhesive foam strip to make sure the driver is sealed to dash. then see how it sounds. you might be happy with the way the speakers you already have sound. keep in mind the dash is pretty open at the bottom so there will be cancellation as it is not an ideal enclosure.

you also tend to say something like cost don't matter its quality and then ask for the best of something which you've already know is subjective. stop acting like a troll.

The best 5.25" is the one you don't have to purchase.

My data:

$0 spent now means more money to put towards a decent install later on.

My soapbox:

Speakers aren't standalone entities. They have characteristics which set them apart from one another and that's what generally makes one speaker more optimal than another for a specific scenario. What's best in one situation is not what's best in all. If you're dead set on getting speakers NOW and aren't willing to do a proper install at the moment then see if you can find some kick panels or speaker pods that are close to plug and play. If you're just wanting to buy the "highest" quality speaker then there are plenty of options that are great performers in the right hands.

PhD AF 5 1 M B Pro PhD FB 1 1B TW PhD XO PhD 2 W | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

You guys just don't get it!! I'm looking for the BEST 5.25" round speakers, The best. Highest power rating, good sensitivity, good frequency response, etc. Bulletproof and excellent sounding.These Alpine SPR-50s are plastic! Doesn't anyone make speakers with metal frames?
This NOT my final audio system, this is a fast make do for now! I do NOT need to hear about all your "Well, what you should so..." because I know what I should do. Get separate audiophile level separate drivers, etc. And that's my final plan! I guess I will have to build my own perfectly fitted speaker cabinetry up in the top of the dash of my 2006 Grand Caravan, call a windshield replacement truck, pay for two trips: one to pull existing windshield (and LET ME WORK ON IT!) then a second trip to put a new windshield in over my excellent 4 driver speaker cabinet maybe with two 8" mid range and two tweeters, REAL tweeters! On four output channels of a sound processor like the:

Alpine PXA-H800 Digital sound processor at Crutchfield.com

Other four channels to the existing Alpine SPR-69 6x9s in there, but all speakers wired with new 12AWG wires! Actually that's what my installer guy is installing for me! 0AWG from the power and gnd, 12AWG for all speakers, 8AWG for the subwoofer.

Sound like a somewhat decent plan? 0AWG was my installers idea, Alpine specs power and gnd at 4AWG, but I;ll have plenty of power from a power distribution thing fed from 0AWG!! Pretty good, I'd say.

John Kuthe...
Don't you know...there is no best. Otherwise we wouldn't have multiple speaker companies.

why don't you just buy some dampening material and fill in the gaps around the driver to isolate the rear wave from the front wave also use some adhesive foam strip to make sure the driver is sealed to dash. then see how it sounds. you might be happy with the way the speakers you already have sound. keep in mind the dash is pretty open at the bottom so there will be cancellation as it is not an ideal enclosure.
you also tend to say something like cost don't matter its quality and then ask for the best of something which you've already know is subjective. stop acting like a troll.
I will certainly try and rig something up to muffle that rear wave as much as I can. The initial install of all the Alpine speakers was just to prove to myself I could do it. I thought I was gonna have to do major speaker mount modifications because Crutchfield simply told me the SPR-69 and SPR-50s were "not recommended" for my vehicle my 2006 Grand Caravan so I decided to see how much I was gonna have to modify. I was VERY pleasantly surprised all four 6x9's fit perfectly, but the driver's side SPR-50 on top of the dash needed about 1/4 spacer under the mounts so I bought a couple little 1 inch aluminum electronic cabinet spacers and cut them with a hacksaw down to 1/4ish and viola!!

14440805_1147033402023805_6611765327100647982_n.jpg

I just know I have enough room (or at least I hope I do!) up there to build a custom speaker case of some kind out of some good stiff but thin material. I may have to brace it well inside so I can use thinner material, and put midrange and tweeters in it! All separately individually amps and hopefully put through a DSP like:

Alpine PXA-H800 Digital sound processor at Crutchfield.com

That will ROCK! :) I just hope I can use that DSP and all 8 outputs to separate mid and tweeter drivers with individual amps and just use the "bass adjust" knob to manually tweak the 12" subwoofer. I have a PDX-v9 Alpine amp with four 100 watt outputs and a 500 watt subwoofer I'm thinking of not running through the DSP.

John Kuthe...

Why is it you must have the best highest quality?

Almost any other speaker mfgr with a good set of 5.25 mids/highs will be good as long as install is correct.

Don't you know...there is no best. Otherwise we wouldn't have multiple speaker companies.
I know very well and good all the varieties of auto speakers made and sold. Tons of cheapy crap some better than others. I've found by experience that I like the sound of a good set of Alpine speakers, but I know there are better more audiophile speakers made and sold. And I'd like the see and hear about the entire panoply of top consumer and into the audiophile class of auto speakers. That;s why I hate JML, they make it sound like they are gonna custom design a system for you and maybe they will but only it of the components THEY choose? Bah! I;d like to be more informed of everything that's available and make many of my own choices, thank you very much!

John Kuthe...

Why is it you must have the best highest quality?
Almost any other speaker mfgr with a good set of 5.25 mids/highs will be good as long as install is correct.
Because the factory mounts that I'm using are **** poor! Yes I know that's gonna negatively impact any speaker's performance but it's the best I can do at this time. And especially because a 5.25" speaker's small size also limits it a lot inherently, so I want the best speaker I can get. Time to break into the true audiophile class of components if I can financially!

John Kuthe...

Do you know why there isn't many good 5.25 coax? Because anyone looking for that level isn't going to use them. We will either use a 6.5 or a 3in wideband
I find that kinda hard to believe. But coming from you not so much!

John Kuthe...

Speakers aren't standalone entities. They have characteristics which set them apart from one another and that's what generally makes one speaker more optimal than another for a specific scenario. What's best in one situation is not what's best in all. If you're dead set on getting speakers NOW and aren't willing to do a proper install at the moment then see if you can find some kick panels or speaker pods that are close to plug and play. If you're just wanting to buy the "highest" quality speaker then there are plenty of options that are great performers in the right hands.
How about listing some with links if you can so I can have a look?

I thought that's what a site like CarAudio.com was for? Not just talk.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.