Q: Best highest performing 5.25" round speakers

Learn what music is supposed to sound like. Tonality, realism, imaging, staging, placement.

Evaluate what you are hearing and find what she lacking.

Start here with a good set of nuetral cans in a dark, quiet room. Take notes on what you hear, the spatial effects. Note where they are coming from and what they sound like in the recording. Stuff like depth and jewelry moving. Resolution.

Study, learn, recreate.

The Ultimate Demonstration Disc (UD95) | Chesky Records

It's not a problem. There is no best. Everything is application and install dependent. What's good to you may not be good to me. Price, brand, materials, etc don't mean best.
Last Wording like crazy again, eh?

Let's see if we can run your phone battery down to ZERO with your vacuous nonsense! :)

John Kuthe...

Sealed back means weak midbass. You still have to fix the back wave from going back into the dash.
That's why its listed as a mid not midbass. Its frequency response is from 550-15k. With a strong midbass heavy speaker in the door all you would need is a mid. I wouldn't put a tweeter back up there which is why I didn't recommend a coaxial speaker. A tweeter should be put in the a pillar or sail panel. If he was going to fully treat the speaker mounting area I would recommend an open back speaker.

I'm gleaning bits and pieces of valuable information/knowledge here, but the valuable to noise ratios here is awfully skewed towards the NOISE! :-(

John Kuthe...

I'm gleaning bits and pieces of valuable information/knowledge here, but the valuable to noise ratios here is awfully skewed towards the NOISE! :-(
John Kuthe...
There would be a lot less noise if there wasn't so much ignorance. Install is 90% equipment 10% so halfass all you want you will never sound good.

John Kuthe...
What's noise? Is it because we are not saying what you want to hear? I'm sorry you have no idea what's going on, that's not our fault.

If that's how you feel than go away and find a new hobby, this one obviously isn't for you

There would be a lot less noise if there wasn't so much ignorance. Install is 90% equipment 10% so halfass all you want you will never sound good.
Exactly, which is why I'm looking for some great equipment and not a lot of cheap Chinese JUNK which so abounds especially in the electronics market! Yes there are some good quality Chinese made electronics, but a LOT of cheap Chinese JUNK too! I wish there were still some quality USA made auto audio equipment manufacturers in business, but I'm afraid MalWart and all the cheap Chinese JUNK forced them out of business!

John Kuthe...

US manufacturing isn't what it use to be. Everything is QC dependent. There's some very good made in China equipment out there that trumps most stuff made in the US
Truedat! But the sheisters are a problem everywhere. Sick sad and true! :-(

John Kuthe...

That's where we come in. Those that have seen the rise and fall over two decades. So listen and learn or waste money and fail.
Exactly! And that's what I'm hoping to glean some great information from. Problem is, the great and true information seems to come laced with a LOT of testosterone fueled ego! I've even seen Youtubes of auto audio installers spending more soundtrack time berating each other rather than sharing good and useful auto audio information!! Sickening! :-(

John Kuthe...

Exactly, which is why I'm looking for some great equipment and not a lot of cheap Chinese JUNK which so abounds especially in the electronics market! Yes there are some good quality Chinese made electronics, but a LOT of cheap Chinese JUNK too! I wish there were still some quality USA made auto audio equipment manufacturers in business, but I'm afraid MalWart and all the cheap Chinese JUNK forced them out of business!

John Kuthe...
You want great equipment but don't want to spend a lot or do proper Install treatment. Its never going to sound like it should. You still have not given a budget. And to fix the rear wave issue it would cost way less than replacing you current speakers that would sound a lot better properly installed

You want great equipment but don't want to spend a lot or do proper Install treatment. Its never going to sound like it should. You still have not given a budget. And to fix the rear wave issue it would cost way less than replacing you current speakers that would sound a lot better properly installed
I WILL spend a lot (I already have) on some truly great equipment, and I would LOVE to fix the rear wave issues for all my speakers. The 5.25" speaker factory mounts on top of the dash are the real challenge with my install at this point in time as there is preciously little space to work with. Also "properly installed" is a real challenge here with Chrysler's plastic two point mounting system here! So unless and UNTIL I can measure, build and install a real speaker cabinet up there I'm stuck with cobbling together a gud enuf jury rigged install optimised as best I can. The Alpine SPR-50's I have up there now seem pretty good, but if there are significantly better 5.25" round for a decent price point I'd be interested in possibly trying those instead! For now. I'm definitely pulling the Boom Mats off my Alpines after hearing the poor reviews they get here. Thinking of getting the F.A.S.T rings and cutting them back to fit the factory mount locations for my 5.25"ers.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.