Q: Best highest performing 5.25" round speakers

lol you haven't spent anything yet. And the way it's going you will waste half of it.
That's the kind of boastful BS which is the problem here. "I spent more, so I'm cooler" kind of attitude!! And BTW I have my OWN ATTITUDE, I don't need any of your's!

John Kuthe...

What's noise? Is it because we are not saying what you want to hear? I'm sorry you have no idea what's going on, that's not our fault. If that's how you feel than go away and find a new hobby, this one obviously isn't for you
Does the concept of signal to noise ratio mean nothing to you? Well, that figures! :-(

John Kuthe...

In your case I think the best bet would be to go to a local shop and audition some speakers.

However since you don't understand that install is the difference in these situation have them pull the speakers out of the demo wall so you can place them on a table then have installers hold a windshield angled directly above them.

you will notice the ones with higher snr to be slightly if not imperceptibly louder. you will also notice that regardless of price, features, snr, power handling, they will all sound like ****. At this point tell all the guys at the shop they are just wrong and make sure you say "john kuthe" before you storm out the front door crying like a girl with a skinned knee.

In your case I think the best bet would be to go to a local shop and audition some speakers.However since you don't understand that install is the difference in these situation have them pull the speakers out of the demo wall so you can place them on a table then have installers hold a windshield angled directly above them.

you will notice the ones with higher snr to be slightly if not imperceptibly louder. you will also notice that regardless of price, features, snr, power handling, they will all sound like ****. At this point tell all the guys at the shop they are just wrong and make sure you say "john kuthe" before you storm out the front door crying like a girl with a skinned knee.
Oh boy!! Summing up with a lot of "ad hominem" attacks which can never be effective!

And addressing your first points, there is NO shop which is gonna carry and have in stock or for demo some really high quality 5.25" speakers because that is not what most people are ever gonna buy! And yes even very high quality 5/25" drivers are gonna sound like s^^t anyway, too small and really poor mountings, so I am quite aware of the technical limitations I'm starting with. I just want to assuage them as best I can and the first step is to start with the best 5.25" drivers I can get, then try desperately to address the poor mountings and mounting locations of them in my 2006 Grand Caravan.

John Kuthe... (yes it's my real name)

Do you know why there isn't many good 5.25 coax? Because anyone looking for that level isn't going to use them. We will either use a 6.5 or a 3in wideband
I'm thinking seriously about these:

130 KRC Focal coaxial speakers kit for Car Audio stereo system

Pricey as heck, but maybe that's for a good reason. Like college textbooks, expensive maybe because not that many people buy them!

And after all, it's only money. Not very nutritious and not very tasty either! ;-)

John Kuthe...

No, it's because I take credit AND BLAME for everything I write! What about you? Hiding from someone/everyone?
John Kuthe...

Everyone here knows who I am. I don't need to write me name and feed me ego like you. Your new and annoying. As los said if your serious about your sounds. You won't use coax speakers. That's what noobs use. U should go get a 4 way 5.25 coax. It would sound so good because it's a 4 way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

I'm thinking seriously about these:
130 KRC Focal coaxial speakers kit for Car Audio stereo system

Pricey as heck, but maybe that's for a good reason. Like college textbooks, expensive maybe because not that many people buy them!

And after all, it's only money. Not very nutritious and not very tasty either! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Those are actually cheap for a higher end driver. That's the cost of a high end set of tweeters. But that's getting into audiofool territory.

Everyone here knows who I am. I don't need to write me name and feed me ego like you. Your new and annoying. As los said if your serious about your sounds. You won't use coax speakers. That's what noobs use. U should go get a 4 way 5.25 coax. It would sound so good because it's a 4 way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
I don't give a crap about "everyone here knows me", and I have said repeatedly I'm looking for a great quality 5.25" round speaker to fit in the crappy mounting locations Chrysler gave me in my 2006 Grand Caravan.

We were all noobs in the beginning! Some still strive to stay there, others not so much. I'm trying to get to my "audiophile" status on a limited budget money and time wise and without much good help getting there! I realised the limitations of auto speaker mounting locations way back in the late 1970's when I built 3/4 particle board speaker enclosures with sloping front panels for my 8" Bozak aluminum cone speakers with coaxial tweeters to fit perfectly in the rear luggage compartment behind the back seat of my 1969 VW Beetle! (Wish I had pics!) New? Hardly! Annoying, possibly, deal with it! I have to deal with all of YOU (plural!)

John Kuthe...

Those are actually cheap for a higher end driver. That's the cost of a high end set of tweeters. But that's getting into audiofool territory.
Show me the "high end" you are talking about!! Please.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.