Looking for recommendations for 2016 F-150

Fordford

Budget less than $600

Factory lcd reciever

1" tweeters in A pillars

3.5" center dash

6x9" front doors

6.5" rear doors

I am looking to step up my factory speakers as they **** big time. Not looking to add an amp or new head unit. Just wanting recommendations for best bang for the buck off stock head unit.

Not looking to add an amp. I am not new to car audio or the forum just haven't been arount for a while. Wondering whats new out there. I could drop in low end pioneers from walmart and they would sound better than what I have.

I just got my old account back. It has been over 6 years since I have done an install. Anyone with common knowledge would know a forum is for asking questions in hope to gain experience from someone who has already tested the market. I ask the question in hopes of gaining an answer from someone who has been around recently and know of the new brands that are out. I do not want main line like polk, kicker, or infinity. I would hands down choose Sundown over anything from my personal experiences with Jacob however I want a quick and easy upgrade. Not looking to compete just wanting better than the flat sounding stock that I have. If I wanted to know whats the best 6.5 components with an amp out. Thats what I would have asked for better yet I would just read the f forum.

The issue is

The stock HU has a built in EQ curve and most time it's volume dependent. Just changing speakers won't fix that. It will sound brighter and lower the already dead bass response.

I really don't see how better speakers will make it sound worse. That is total bs. I've began upgrading my 2013 F150s so-called "premium" Sony system. So far I have thrown in a couple sets of Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8s in the front and rear doors as well as a RF Punch 3.5" in the center dash. The RF Punch tweeters should arrive next week. I can say the sq is night and day compared to the stock crap Sony speakers.

To replace all the speakers, not counting the stock sub has run me less than $250.

Next on the list...in time...a signal processor, 5 channel amp and a 10" sub. Baby steps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I really don't see how better speakers will make it sound worse. That is total bs. I've began upgrading my 2013 F150s so-called "premium" Sony system. So far I have thrown in a couple sets of Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8s in the front and rear doors as well as a RF Punch 3.5" in the center dash. The RF Punch tweeters should arrive next week. I can say the sq is night and day compared to the stock crap Sony speakers.
To replace all the speakers, not counting the stock sub has run me less than $250.

Next on the list...in time...a signal processor, 5 channel amp and a 10" sub. Baby steps.

It's simple. You don't know how to listen. Or what it supposed to sound like. Those punches are not much better than stock.

Again, the stock EQ curve is designed around the stock speakers. It seems you have tweeters all over the car now. That's awesome.

Because without proper tuning, and install techniques with deadening, sealing and making good baffles, aftermarkets usually dont match up well acoustically which causes midrange to thin out and have an overimbalance of highs vs midrange and midbass which appeals tome people but not most people. Not to mention most legit aftermarket components need ALOT of power to really come to life.

A lot of 2015+ vehicles actually put some thought into designing speaker setup measuring acoustics and making specific drivers to match it along with a set stock head unit EQ curve. Given its on a low budget but still nothing as bad as older vehicles. Thats stock factory EQ curve is one of the reasons why most of the times aftermarket swaps alone wont work well. You can have e most expensive speakers in the world sounding like trash if the acoustic environment is poor along with junk digital audio convertors and a fked up EQ curve that compensates for inferior stock speakers.

Another reason is because we have had way too many "i upgraded my speakers but they sound like trash or they have no bass vs stock or weak vs stock" threads. Countless threads buddy. Stick around and youll see them, their is probably as many threads about it as much as the amount of words in your post.....

I don't know how to listen...ok. Pretty sure I can tell the difference. You guys act as if everyone has to have a comp worthy system and anything else it *****. Hate fanboys too....if you are not tuning a certain brand speaker, amp, etc...its garbage. No, I don't have tweeters all around now...but thanks for your opinion lol.

So far I am more than happy and, like I mentioned, will be investing in other components to further enhance my inferior upgraded tweeter system.

I don't know how to listen...ok. Pretty sure I can tell the difference. You guys act as if everyone has to have a comp worthy system and anything else it *****. Hate fanboys too....if you are not tuning a certain brand speaker, amp, etc...its garbage. No, I don't have tweeters all around now...but thanks for your opinion lol.
So far I am more than happy and, like I mentioned, will be investing in other components to further enhance my inferior upgraded tweeter system.

So you don't have tweeters low in the 6x9 and higher with the 3.5? It's ok. We have all been there.

Pretty much. A lotta prima donnas here. If you don't do it full blown for competition, what you have is junk! I get a LOT of that too.

John Kuthe...

technically you do have tweeters all around with all your coaxials (AKA midranges with tweeters attached in the center.) So basically you will have 7 tweeters total in your car once you get your RF tweeters in. You can be happy with what you got but when people are looking for the best, There are proper methods to achieving real sound quality.

I'm Not talking about expensive methods either. Just doing a proper front stage setup with quality front mids and tweeters with proper amplifier power then buy a proper head unit with proper processing. Acoustically treating doors and then time align and crossover. Then EQ properly with a real time analyzer and you'll achieve way better results then cheap speakers all around the car and not achieving any sort of sound stage nor detail or clarity or loudness but rather a glob of sound mess sounding like cheap headphones.

Loud and clean does not classify as sound quality anymore its already expected however there's way more depth to real sound quality then just throwing speakers into your car. I'd advise you to hit up local MECA sound quality comps and hear proper setups and see what its all about.

technically you do have tweeters all around with all your coaxials (AKA midranges with tweeters attached in the center.) So basically you will have 7 tweeters total in your car once you get your RF tweeters in. You can be happy with what you got but when people are looking for the best, There are proper methods to achieving real sound quality. Not talking about expensive methods either. Just doing a proper front stage setup with quality front mids and tweeters with proper amplifier power then buy a proper head unit with proper processing. Acoustically treating doors and then time align and crossover. Then EQ properly with a real time analyzer and you'll achieve way better results then cheap speakers all around the car and not achieving any sort of sound stage nor detail or clarity or loudness but rather a glob of sound mess sounding like cheap headphones.

Loud and clean does not classify as sound quality anymore there's way more depth to real sound quality then just throwing speakers into your car. I'd advise you to hit up local MECA sound quality comps and hear proper setups and see what its all about.
You mean HEAR what it's all about! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.