Q: Best highest performing 5.25" round speakers

I have actually gotten to see a pair of these before, and hold them. I did not get to hear them in their final install however, so I cannot speak to sound, but based on the heft of the speaker, that is chromed metal, not plastic. (I assume you were not referring to the tweeter, no idea there).
I got to setup their entry level set a few years ago when they first started getting US reps. They felt cheap because the baskets are composite. They sounded ok but not good enough for me to sell my kidney getting the high end.

I got to setup their entry level set a few years ago when they first started getting US reps. They felt cheap because the baskets are composite. They sounded ok but not good enough for me to sell my kidney getting the high end.
ROFL!!!! You are a short study in basic Psychology 101!! Got a little reaction formation going there? Hee hee! ;-) "They felt cheap" and "They sounded ok but not good enough for me to sell my kidney getting the high end"?? ROFL!! I'm sure the makers of these would really appreciate your lackluster review of a product they worked very hard to design and build the very best they could! And sounds like their cost what put them right OUT of your price point capabilities!! ROFL!!!! Limited by your budget, eh? Yeah me too, but I'm not afraid to say it!

And as to the fakes. Yeah those pics posted of the Ebay pics LOOK like cheap copies. I looked at PHD's site and their pics don't look much like the pics posted. The PHD speakers on their site don't look like that shiny a chrome LOOKING speaker frame/basket, but the Ebay pics LOOK very high tech.

But I know what you are talking about when you said "They felt cheap because the baskets are composite" because years ago when I bought my first all graphite Werner kayak paddle I was afraid to treat it too roughly while paddling because it felt so light which I initially equated to cheap and not very substantial. But was I incorrect!! Many composite materials are pretty amazingly strong and substantial. And when I was in engineering school I had a professor tell me about a new high tech ultrasound machine that they had to put weights in the machine to sell it for the price because with the lightweight modern electronics it was so light that initially people would not pay that much for something that FELT so light and cheap! True story!

PS: You cannot legally sell kidneys or any other bodily parts considered "tissue" which even whole blood is considered a tissue. You can sell your blood plasma but not whole blood.

John Kuthe...

ROFL!!!! You are a short study in basic Psychology 101!! Got a little reaction formation going there? Hee hee! ;-) "They felt cheap" and "They sounded ok but not good enough for me to sell my kidney getting the high end"?? ROFL!! I'm sure the makers of these would really appreciate your lackluster review of a product they worked very hard to design and build the very best they could! And sounds like their cost what put them right OUT of your price point capabilities!! ROFL!!!! Limited by your budget, eh? Yeah me too, but I'm not afraid to say it!
And as to the fakes. Yeah those pics posted of the Ebay pics LOOK like cheap copies. I looked at PHD's site and their pics don't look much like the pics posted. The PHD speakers on their site don't look like that shiny a chrome LOOKING speaker frame/basket, but the Ebay pics LOOK very high tech.

But I know what you are talking about when you said "They felt cheap because the baskets are composite" because years ago when I bought my first all graphite Werner kayak paddle I was afraid to treat it too roughly while paddling because it felt so light which I initially equated to cheap and not very substantial. But was I incorrect!! Many composite materials are pretty amazingly strong and substantial. And when I was in engineering school I had a professor tell me about a new high tech ultrasound machine that they had to put weights in the machine to sell it for the price because with the lightweight modern electronics it was so light that initially people would not pay that much for something that FELT so light and cheap! True story!

PS: You cannot legally sell kidneys or any other bodily parts considered "tissue" which even whole blood is considered a tissue. You can sell your blood plasma but not whole blood.

John Kuthe...
Lol my amps are worth more than your van

Lol my amps are worth more than your van
Oooo! Oooo! I am hurt! ;-)

Can your precious amps carry whitewater kayaks to/from the river? Can you camp/sleep in them? ;-)

Too bad you don't have a real computer to post from, only a "little toy phone"!

John Kuthe...

Oooo! Oooo! I am hurt! ;-)
Can your precious amps carry whitewater kayaks to/from the river? Can you camp/sleep in them? ;-)

Too bad you don't have a real computer to post from, only a "little toy phone"!

John Kuthe...
Seriously. Is this the best you have? We have teenagers here that are more bright than you. Are you a grown man or a little *****

Seriously. Is this the best you have? We have teenagers here that are more bright than you. Are you a grown man or a little *****
And you DO realize the reason they usually don't even print the prices and sometimes not even specs on true audiophile highest end equipment catalogs, don't you?

Because if YOU have to ask, YOU can't afford it!! Hee hee!

John Kuthe...

And you DO realize the reason they usually don't even print the prices and sometimes not even specs on true audiophile highest end equipment catalogs, don't you?
Because if YOU have to ask, YOU can't afford it!! Hee hee!

John Kuthe...
Says the guy running cheap alpine crap. His DD amp is worth more than your whole system put together you peasant.

Says the guy running cheap alpine crap. His DD amp is worth more than your whole system put together you peasant.
Hee hee! The concept of "worth"! I'll bet PHD amps are better/worth more than LosIsATool's precious DD amp, whatever that is!

I know how to play the one-upmanship games!! :)

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.