Pros and Cons: Type R VS RL-P

I never said i didn't believe him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sblazer is a little more reluctant to believe things than I am.

Throw that car on the TL and see if it makes any difference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Of coarse it should make a difference between a TL and an AC. My point was not to call you in particular out. It was more for him to not worry what others say.

EDIT: Im not going to reply in the thread anymore, it has already fallen off the tracks far enough.

Of coarse it should make a difference between a TL and an AC. My point was not to call you in particular out. It was more for him to not worry what others say.
EDIT: Im not going to reply in the thread anymore, it has already fallen off the tracks far enough.
Actually, if it's the new A/C as he stated (the A/C 190), it's not that far off from the termlab. So in all actuality, he could pull a 148-149 on the termlab, which would be a d*mn good score.

He forgot to glue one side of his box, then went back and hit equivalent to 148-149 on the TL with a pair of Rl-p 12's? I seriously doubt that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Coming that close to 150 (TL) would be a **** good score for a pair of 15's.... 15's more oriented for output than the Rl-p.

He forgot to glue one side of his box, then went back and hit equivalent to 148-149 on the TL with a pair of Rl-p 12's? I seriously doubt that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Coming that close to 150 (TL) would be a **** good score for a pair of 15's.... 15's more oriented for output than the Rl-p.

i also played a lower note but i was hearing a loud noise from my box and i thought it was bad port noise but when i played i noticed the top was coming off and there was serious air leaks. i tightened that down best i could and played a 41 hz. tone vs. the 50 hz. i played and it scored a lot higher. the second time i got it metered i couldn't even sit in the car without wearing ear protection. believe me or not because i have no reason to lie, i'm not against type r's, i just haven't used them so that is why i made opinions on the rl-p and didn't even mention the type r till now, but obviously you guys know more about my vehicle and system (by the way i no longer have this system and car) so i'll let you guys make judgement on my system as i really don't care. bottom line the rl-p is a very nice daily driver.

it wasn't glued down good enough. i should've made that clear. also inhumanacura made the box and not myself. i can not make port plugs.

i also played a lower note but i was hearing a loud noise from my box and i thought it was bad port noise but when i played i noticed the top was coming off and there was serious air leaks. i tightened that down best i could and played a 41 hz. tone vs. the 50 hz. i played and it scored a lot higher. the second time i got it metered i couldn't even sit in the car without wearing ear protection. believe me or not because i have no reason to lie, i'm not against type r's, i just haven't used them so that is why i made opinions on the rl-p and didn't even mention the type r till now, but obviously you guys know more about my vehicle and system (by the way i no longer have this system and car) so i'll let you guys make judgement on my system as i really don't care. bottom line the rl-p is a very nice daily driver.
First off, I wasn't stating what I did to defend the Type R. That debate, R vs Rl-p, doesn't really matter to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was simply saying the equations to figure your TL score must be wrong. Im sure your car/truck is very loud (obviously), but being loud and being almost 150 on the TL are two different things. I meant no offense to you or your system, it sounds like its bad ass actually. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looking for some new subs, got it narrowed down to either a Type R or A Rl-P.
Do they compare to each other, or does the Rl=P have a huge advantage? I can pick up the Rl-p for about 100 extra bucks..is it worth it?
If you want output - type R

If you want straight sound quality for the sake of output, RL-P

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.