proper electrical for saz3000?

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
im currently running the stock (5 year old) factory batt up front, 130a alt, and a kinetic hc2000 ( I bought it used, and im sure its pretty old also) in the back...all 1/0 wire, including the big 3...amp Is probably turned halfway up at 1.4 ohms on a fi sp4 18...my voltage drops as low as 11.5 volts at idle...what would be a good battery setup to be able to get the most power out of my amp? I was thinking a hc2000 under the hood and buying a new hc2000 for the rear and doing away with both batts that I have now

im currently running the stock (5 year old) factory batt up front, 130a alt, and a kinetic hc2000 ( I bought it used, and im sure its pretty old also) in the back...all 1/0 wire, including the big 3...amp Is probably turned halfway up at 1.4 ohms on a fi sp4 18...my voltage drops as low as 11.5 volts at idle...what would be a good battery setup to be able to get the most power out of my amp? I was thinking a hc2000 under the hood and buying a new hc2000 for the rear and doing away with both batts that I have now
Your alt and batts are not enough to keep up. If you want to keep that alt i would look for a pair of Group 31 Agm's and probably a better battery to go under the hood, preferably a smaller Agm battery. That would help some. Kinetic batterys are really not as good as they are advertised to be.

I don't know why people insist on playing things full bore at idle anyway. It's obnoxious and much harder on the electrical system to boot.

well I usually like to keep it around 2k rpms when demoing, but I still have bad voltage drop then...by a "group 31" battery do yall mean like a 3100...and whats the difference between agm and non agm batts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.